Fuel question

Slacker

Registered
So last week I stopped by a gas station and filled up my 2k12, not really paying attention to the "exact brand" of the gas, per-say.

Well the Busa started making what I thought was a slightly different noise and it seemed as if the bike had a little more "bite" to it. So a few days after I filled up i rode back by the station to see if they were putting some special additive in the fuel or if I was just nuts...lol

Well, turns out the gas station is "ethonal free", it was just pure fuel I put in the bike. Obviously I dont know much about fuel, would ethonal free gas slightly increase the bikes performance or was that just in my head?

Thanks

I go out of my way to the one station with real gas. I also pay a 10 cent per gallon extra for it. The bike does seem to run better and get better mileage:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Its also crazy how good it smells! We've had crap gas here in Milwaukee for decades and when I go "up North" and get real gas, I can smell it instantly. Again, more power, more mileage! :beerchug:

I run non ethanol. Don't know about power but you'll definitely get better mileage :thumbsup:

This sounds good. However, I went to the site and most of them say "Ethanol-free for 91 Octane". I read somewhere on the h.org that we should only put 87 octance in the busa!! What to do?

This sounds good. However, I went to the site and most of them say "Ethanol-free for 91 Octane". I read somewhere on the h.org that we should only put 87 octance in the busa!! What to do?
I have heard some say that. Gen I stock or basically stock yes, Gen II recommended 91 up. I've been running 93 in mine for 30K miles because that's what we have in this area. Obviously if your bike is tuned for another octane level you need to use it.

Same here! Ethanol free fuel is the way to go. I can get it locally, but harder to find in larger cities :thumbsup:

The owners manual ( Yeah, I read it. ) suggests the use of 91 octane non-ethanol fuel. After I read the start of this thread I found out there's a non-e station just up the street from me. The gas there is 90 octane - probably close enough. I'll use it when ever I can, from now on.

93 octane in a stock busa kills ur power dont take much to burn it brock say run 89 90 preferably 89. i said explain he said u want the busa motor to work thats whats it for to be abused he said it takes more to burn 89 and thats what u want the motor to do kinda made sense

93 octane in a stock busa kills ur power dont take much to burn it brock say run 89 90 preferably 89. i said explain he said u want the busa motor to work thats whats it for to be abused he said it takes more to burn 89 and thats what u want the motor to do kinda made sense

Makes no sense to me. The higher the octane, the harder to ignite. Think your source has it backwards.

Back