fuel pump question

black954

Registered
I just installed a stage 1 Hahn turbo on my bike and the fuel pump fuse blew 8 blocks away from my house on the first trip out. I removed the stock in tank pump and installed an external pump. In the instructions, it says to replace the 10 amp fuse with a 15 amp fuse. But then in the supplemental instructions for the 01 and up busa's, it says to leave the stock 10 amp fuse in place. I don't see a problem with using the 15amp fuse, but I just don't know why it blew the 10 amp in the first place.
When the fuse blew, I was just rolling on the throttle in 3rd gear and the fuse blew. This was the first time I built boost and I am a little leary of riding it again until I can get some answers. Thanks for any help.

Was the fuel tank low, if it were the pump would run dry aqnd overheats fast. That would cause it to blow!
Easy fix just add a 40 amp relay, use the stock 10 amp protected wire to switch high current directly from the battery to the pump, remember to fuse the wire at the battery (install 20 amp)

Bigger pump and when using a fmu pushing fuel pressure to 90psi+ it puts a lot of load on the electrical system, simple fix is a 15 amp fuse , even better to wire in a relay triggered from the original pump wires and use heavier wires .

The tank was full of 100 octane. This sounds like a 15 amp fuse would help? I will wire in a relay, but I would at least like to ride the bike once and get the boost and pressure dialed in. Thanks for your responses.

Back