Fuel injection system

curtis T

Registered
sarcasm.gif
In the center of the instrument panel, there is a display for the fuel injection system indicator. The manual says if you see a "FI" or a "CHEC" indicated, you have a fuel injection problem.... Has anybody actually had a problem where they have seen this???

ernaehrung019.gif

I've had FI come up a couple of times. Turned off ignition, waited a few seconds turn on ignition and it's ok.
Check will come up with a wide range of problems including sidestand down and in gear, kill-switch off etc.

I've had FI come up a couple of times. Turned off ignition, waited a few seconds turn on ignition and it's ok.
Check will come up with a wide range of problems including sidestand down and in gear, kill-switch off etc.

Any number of things can happen to cause an FI warning, bad or disconnected sensor, not enough juice getting to the coils or anything else measured by the numerous sensors. You need to put the system in 'dealer mode' to get the code and find exactly what is the problem.

Look under your seat for a four-pin, covered connector with two wires. You need to bridge those two wires while the bike is in the running position with the ignition 'on'. As soon as you turn the ignition 'off', the codes will be lost unless a sensor has failed or is disconnected, in which case you will get the warning again.

I have cut that connector and run the wires to a switch mounted on my dash, so I can check for errors and TPS settings whenever and wherever I want.

thumbs-up.gif

Back