Front master cylinder - upgrade

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone upgraded their front brake master cylinder to a gsxr 1000 unit or any other like 750, or 600 unit?

Have any pics, and what parts does a guy need. Do I need to make a custom mount, and where to get the parts cheap? Is the swap easy, and can I use my galfer lines I already upgraded?

Has this mod helped performance? I love the looks of running a round/ see thru master cylinder unit....just would like some input from someone who has done the mod.

Anyone
rock.gif

The master cylinders both ahve the same size bore,,, they are enterchangable, how ever you will need to make a bracket for the reservoir, it may hit your windscreen. Your brake line will be able to be reused!
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

GIXERHP

Thanks bro....lots of good info you gave. Now just to find the part & I should be good to go.
cool.gif

Great pictures Big E - in your opinion was their an improvment? Did you make the Bracket, and if so what did you make it out of? Any info you have would be great since you have done the mod...much appreciated & Looks awesome
cool.gif

Great pictures Big E - in your opinion was their an improvment? Did you make the Bracket, and if so what did you make it out of? Any info you have would be great since you have done the mod...much appreciated & Looks awesome
cool.gif
As in for lever feel/brake feel. I like it over the stock busa unit with stainless steel lines. Seems like I have more control over braking.

The bracket is the stock unit that comes with the gsxr set up. I just bent it straight.

I tried to use my busa goodridge lines with no prevail. I just used the stock gsxr lines. Pretty much a bolt on set up. One thing though. The bars full cocked to the left, the area where the lever meets the master cylinder hits the inner fairing that covers the gap around the speedo. You need to shave off some material off the inner fairing.

Val,

You looking to upgrade the suspension on the bus??? The GSXR brake unit will go too. My ohlins will go for sale very very soon.
biggrin.gif

Back