Front brakes

showtime

Registered
I had all of my braking components redone. Bought chromed masters (thanks dkariores), bought HEL stainless lines (thanks StreetNTrack) and had my calipers and rotors painted (thanks Gixx1300R). Obviously each piece was completely drained of all fluid. I sucessfully bled the rear system, and the clutch system with relatively few problems. The fronts however are giving me pure hell.

I have the manual which I followed on the clutch and rear but the fronts seem unresponsive to the tactics. After extensive troubleshooting, it appears that the fluid isn't even leaving the resovoir. I disassembled the internals to check them, they all seem fine but for some reason the master won't build pressure unless I cover the cylinder discharge with my finger. I believe there is something wrong with the cylinder mechanism but have very limited experience with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try to bleed the master first, pump a few times then open banjo on the master, try this then close. Now open caliper bleed bolts and let gravity work.

I never thought about bleeding the master itself. I'll try that. Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Back