Friend wanted to ride my busa

Okay, your wife was an unbiased observer, maybe the "No" did come out abruptly. But the explanation that followed didn't, and if he doesn't understand it and is still upset then he is just a selfish azz and as previously mentioned not that much of a friend. Character and integrity are key traits that you seem to have and I find that true friends have that in common.

I've let 2 friends ride mine, but only b/c I've SEEN how they ride, and they also have 1000cc + bikes. If they were newbies with 600cc bikes, I'd say "scram kid ya botha me"

BUSAFETT

if he went home mad and didnt question you on why, i'd say f-him.

But i try to let people know why, education is the key.

They usually still get mad, but atleast i can defend myself when the mrs. calls me a di*khead.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152977470 -->

I have let a few friends ride mine, but I offered as they have ridden for quite some time and have the funds if they crashed to fix it. Another friend has requested to ride as well but I have had to tell him no as he is not experienced, I provide the explanation that it is for his protection, because if he wrecked I would hurt him...
laugh.gif

Hey it is your busa and if your friend cannot understand that this is a dangerous animal and that he can get hurt very fast.  The only other pereson that has ridden my busa is my son and that is because i've seen him ride and have even rode with him and he's my son.  Others have asked and gotten a resounding NO!!  To me if your friend is mad cause you said no he's no friend.  
if you let him ride you have got to feel good about it.  
+1 exactly

My Son is the only one who's been on mine (and I was crapping bricks till he got off) and he rides a YZF daily.

Buddy of mine at work rides a sportster, he's still new to riding. Said he wants a sport bike, offered to let me ride his. I said thanks (delined to ride his) "and no you can't ride mine". He said that was o.k. and still offered...nah...

When my Son rode mine, I was on pins and needles
(going on continuously in my head)
"Please don't wreck, please don't wreck, please don't wreck, DANG THAT BIKE LOOKS GOOD, please don't wreck, please don't wreck, DANG THAT BIKE LOOKS G....."

I realized on that day, nobody rides my baby.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152980065 -->

23_2_91.gif

23_11_56.gif

I am getting ready to ride over my friends house to explain my position. I feel better knowing that I am not the only one who feels this way. I am not a ##### (ok maybe sometimes!!!) but I will not change my position... Thanks guys!!!! I told him he needed to join the .org. if he really wanted to understand the busa culture... (and it is a culture)

Thanks again
Darryl

No one rides mine - they're all afriad of it
sad.gif

wait! are you sayin this is a CULTure? ? ?

+1
same thing here -- I have let a few guys (very experienced) take her for a spin. I have a standing offer also for a forum member here (BillA) to get some bar time as he is shopping for one (and rides his FZ-1 darn well). Rule is
#1) I better know you pretty well
#2) You better be as good a rider or better than I am
#3) Must have experience on a hyper (or near hyper) bike
#4) Must have medical insurance
#5) Must have blessing of wife or signifigant other

I never ask a friend to ride their bike, and I expect the same respect in return. If something should happen, they walk away and you're left with a broken 'busa. It's your bike so why feel bad 'bout saying NO? Hopefully he will respect and understand that.

Its funny. The only people that have asked to ride mine are complete strangers. My friends already know the answer,so they don't bother asking.
laugh.gif

My answer has been no to everyone, I dont mind letting people sit on it, but when the do I straddle the front and hold on to the mirrors, and say put your feet on the pegs see what it feels like, which in my mind I am actually making sure it is stable, and the dumbass will not drop it. when you fork out 12000 grand on a brand new bike, that is a hypersport, it will make your hair stand on end if anyone goes near it. hell one fairing is 600 bucks!!!!!

your bike...your rules! only one other person has ever ridden my bike and that is my buddy that i have ridden with for years, i know him and his riding abilities and knew that he listened to me when i told him how powerful Lucy was and to take it slow, when we finished our ride (i was on his) he had the biggest grin on his face i have ever seen, he said he would love to own one but he knew he didn't have the self control to ride one of his own everyday...needless to say that scared me and he, nor anyone else, has been allowed on her since if i can't trust my best riding friend, i can't trust anyone who doesn't own one of their own and appreciate and respect it my response now is, "sorry, but i won't be responsible for your death" if they can't understand that, they don't understand what they were asking for in the first place

The only people who have rode my busa are my son GSXTacy, and Travis fstbusa. I would not let anyone who has not owned a busa near mine. Tell your friend it's not that you don't think he can handle it, but that you would not be able to live with yourself if something happened to him. The bike can be replaced but your friend can't.

only my friends that I know can and WILL pay for any damages (if such a thing should happen)....ever get to swing a leg over my ride.

NOBODY but me rides my bikes unless you want to buy it ! And if you want to buy it, show me your insurance, sign a no fault statement, put up the total money for the bike and go ride !  You crash, so what, you already bought it
laugh.gif
Bring it back in the same condition and don't want it, you get your refund ! NEXT
cool.gif

I wouldn't let anyone ride my bike... not even another busa owner. I learned the hard way when I was 17 by letting a hot girl ride my snowmobile - she returned it after running into a tree. I have only let others drive my cars if I was a passenger. But nobody will ever ride my bike (unless I'm going to sell it to them).

Back