FREE STYLE UNDERTAIL

giopapy

Registered
I saw this undertail on the net, the price seems to be good,
( about 200.00$ ).
I just wanna know if there's someone out there who owns
an undertail like this, if there are problem to apply it to the bike and if it is true that you don't have to cut anything
using this undertail?!!!
thanks

busa_5.jpg

that looks like the Rumble Import undertail, from Montreal.  Price sounds right.. but I could be mistaken.

And yes, you have to cut the tray.

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073521211 -->

I have never seen that undertail , looks good would like to see it from the back. Any undertail you install you have to cut.

I didn't see the last post from the back looks awesome.

Unless it has a battery tray also, you will have to cut the fender . They may have predrilled the holes in the undertail to match the busa pushpin holes that is about it but it looks damn good!

I would only be leary of the recessed areas being too deep and cant see the lights from the blind spot. You will need a seperate integrator for turn signals and/or a lic plate light once you decide where your going to put it.

JD

I agree with Ice....the recess on the lights seems a little deep. But good looking nonetheless.

You will need a seperate integrator for turn signals JD
Actually, if this is the Rumble Import undertail, you don't need an integrator, according to Rumble.  They told me that they have separate wiring to eliminate the need. I don't know how it works, I'm not goin' to lie to you, but that's what they tell me.  I have some pics they sent me showing what needs to be cut.. let me post those too.. hang tight.  Rumble also makes an undertail with 2 turn signals.  go to www.rumbleimport.com

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: "misspelled url"|1073529796 -->

The guy that produces this undertail wrote:
"Hi there.
It is my fiberglass factory, and I have designed two different undertails for the Hayabusa, stock tail lamp, and built-in Euro style tail lamp (two round red lenses) and a hugger.
I would like you to note that this undertail in question requires no cuts or drilling to the stock rear cowling of your bike. It was made to fit perfectly in to the stock rear cowling without destroying it and it uses stock fittings for installation. It replaces the whole stock fender. So far I haven't found an another one like mine anywhere else. All others out there requires cutting the rear cowling and or fender and of course, for a good finishing, it will have to be painted again.
With my exclusive undertail, installation is very simple, and if some day you want to bring your bike to stock look, it can be done with no additional cost, and your bike will be original again".
Can it be true?!

you probably dont have to cut the fender becasue you may need to remove the wole thing. Like i said if it has a batery tray you will be fine. just ask him does it extend to hold the battery if not you HAVE TO CUT your fender. Ask him for pics of total install

Looks like the Topgun undertail to me. Looks great but mine (and a couple other people I know) melted the turn signal lights and their plastic covers so now I have no rear turn signals. Won't get my money again
mad.gif

Back