FRANK ADAMS

You seem to know A lot.Where can I get carbon graphite-impregnation done?I am also interested in some ion nitriding.And was curious as to what you think it's benefits might be in a race application ?Also what do you think of the EN-30 that everyone says is superior to the others even though it lacks the superior granular direction of forgings?
Also;do you know of anyone offering different mosfet upgrades for the ones in the oem coils?
[This message has been edited by THEATOMSMASHER (edited 18 February 2000).]

[This message has been edited by THEATOMSMASHER (edited 18 February 2000).]

Atom Dude (cant spell the whole word),

Please explain you theory of directional grains in forgings and the benifits o them. This would be very informative.

It was my understanding that directionality would increase strength in one direction while decreasing it in others.

Don't you really think that an amorphous material (or one with a grain structure that is almost indistinguishable from amorphous since the grains are so small) would give the best performance characteristics?

Also, could you please explain the benifits of the VT-22 alloy and its use in motorcycle engines?

Thanks
-Dana

but crank crosswind is the big culprit wouldnt a hole in center cut a significant amount of the windage down by having a centrifugally created void for the cross winds to transfer without dragging itself and acompanied oil across the counterweights

THEATOMSMASHER
Aluminum Bronzes(ampco45 in particular) are the typical standards for alloy seat materials in the performance industry. UNS designation C95500 (81Cu,4 Ni,4 Fe,11Al) is comparable.
Hope this helps,
Brock

(I wish there was more time to play...I'm preparing for the first race of the year!)

Granular direction and its effects were a combination of discussions with duane boes the development engineer and product coordinater of crankshafts and tomlieb owner of scat ent. paul savadin . all or most are involved in developement of nearly all the top fuel cranks.thrown together and arrived at somewhat of a foundation of what a crank should begin life as.as well as oldberg &lipson(structural evolution of a crankshaft)andFrey;the metallurgy and processing of p.b.&r.royce crankshaft" and "the tangential rolling of crankshaft fillets" etc. etc. and i'm tired of typing but let me know your opinions on that other stuff.

[This message has been edited by THEATOMSMASHER (edited 19 February 2000).]

HEY GUYS!

Are we going to design a new BUSA from scratch or are we going to just make a
GREAT BUSA better ????

You guys are starting to worry me! :)

Ride Safe, Bob

Thanks everyone. If I don't understand thing's,I know somebody out ther does.And
I appriciate any help that anyone can give me.I would like the motorcycle industry to reap some more benefits then they do now.There are A lot of smart people on these boards,with Alot of ideas and knowledge that we can benefit from if we discuss and debate(it makes us think)those topics.Let me know of any good materials or ideas you might think will help our machines become better machines.

well, I just made my stuff up............so dont take the post serious. I hope noone was looking up stuff to see what the heck I was talking about........cause I dont have a clue.............!!

ATOMSMASHER, Carbon fuel tanks are not an A-TECH product. I know of some carbon tanks which are scheduled (I love that word scheduled) to appear at the end of January, well now it's Feb. and the tanks have not yet appeared. They will but when? I will post when they land in the US.

The only other tanks are the Mega-Buck Yosh-Japan aluminum endurance 24L tanks for a modest $3,000+, you would have to be nut to order a $3,000 tank. You could buy a Turbo almost for that money, some people!

For $3,000+ they should come with a gas credit card for a year or two.

yosh seems to always be smoking strong substances.atom smasher had anyluck on the webb in your quest?are you getting a crank made?let me know if you find someone that will build one and i'll take a +8mm to go.ccol info dana the tank was running dry lately.good luck brock.

what language might that be frank? besides the fact that i'm ignorant and ask questions and want to learn about things i don't understand or the fact that not everything is written in stone because a few have carved thier innitials.if it hasent been done it's most likely because it has not been figured out how it can be done and not that it's impossible!atomsmasher i'll let you know if i find out anything of interest.

<<<besides the fact that i'm ignorant and ask questions and want to learn about things i don't understand or the fact that not everything is written in stone because a few have carved thier innitials.if it hasent been done it's most likely because it has not been figured out how it can be done and not that it's impossible!>>>

What poetry book's do you subscribe to?

What does any of this have to do with the subject on hand?

I can see you tend to drift away at times, Motorhead....Are you ok?...Or do we need to send the Medic's?

....It's this simple:

The guy asked some questions the same way you give answers :(

I Saw a CONNECTION :)

makes sense.no poetry just explaining where I stand. and just because you don't see any relevence to the topics and or its responding contents. basicly solidifies your stance on such topics or there contents.i guess theatomsmasher looked for answers from someone that was unwilling to help him out?but hopefully the other people who tried did.

OMEGA on a clear quiet night you can hear the atoms......shhhh........

Was that an atom smashed,

or

were they atoms mashed?

Shhhh..............here they come again.....

boring of pins and journals to .50 times their o.d. gives an appricable reduction in fillet stresses. any larger tends to increase it.and to introduce large stresses at the cheek edges.

Thats right.

I felt like i was sending him in the direction of someone that could take of his needs.

In My opinion Motorhead, that was the best responce anyone could give him!(send him to someone that could relate to him)

Don't you agree, Motorhead?(and to think that wasn't helping him)

Back