frame sliders

diesel

Registered
I couldn't get frame sliders for Spicy's Katana so I made brackets to mount them. They turned out pretty good. I just sandwiched the frame in between two flat pieces of steel .

Dsc00830.jpg

They look good. Do you think the bracket will stay secure enough to hold them in place?

They look good. Do you think the bracket will stay secure enough to hold them in place?
We tried it all kinds of ways and this way seemed to work better. I think it will be just fine. I know if the bikes falls over or someone bumps into it that it'll protect the bike at least. I don't plan on crashing.
smile.gif
I think they look pretty cool . Diesel saw another Katana that had frame sliders and they drilled right through the frame! That is not a good idea. That weakens the frame! I wish they made sliders for my bike but no one has told us they do so we came up with our own custom ones.
biggrin.gif

They look good.  Do you think the bracket will stay secure enough to hold them in place?
We tried it all kinds of ways and this way seemed to work better. I think it will be just fine. I know if the bikes falls over or someone bumps into it that it'll protect the bike at least. I don't plan on crashing.  
smile.gif
 I think they look pretty cool . Diesel saw another Katana that had frame sliders and they drilled right through the frame! That is not a good idea. That weakens the frame! I wish they made sliders for my bike but no one has told us they do so we came up with our own custom ones.  
biggrin.gif
That was one of the downsides I found when I had my Kat. Very few aftermarket items for it. Wanted to get a new undertail, frame sliders and a couple other things and just couldn't find stuff for it. Anyway, you all are more creative than I and I'm sure they will work out just fine if something unfortunate happened!

Back