Frame Sliders

Frame sliders were the first thing I put on my 04 busa. I didnt have a problem drilling the holes, after al they were chrome and they looked badass. To bad they didnt do a damn thing when i wrecked, just folded over. Thats why my busa has a cage on her now. I guess the slider wasnt meant for 50 mph wrecks or they just did suck

I am now the offical spokes person for sliders...check out my crash vid see teh bike spinning on its side as i lay flat on teh ground only thing happend was slider got ground down a bit plastics on that side still perfect
cool.gif

I have never been so aggravated searching for parts online. I'd like to buy a frame slider but parts411 sight has the most f’d up search tool in the entire history of the Internet. Can someone give me the part number for the carbon inlayed Lockhart slider? Preferably before I have a heart attach. Oh and FYI links to item listings on parts411 above don’t work for me.

So far in the two spills i had the cheapos off ebay have save me major dough and for only 23 bucks
blush.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>WOW you guys are making this tuff.</span>

Laser method is dead on perfect for hole alignment. Precut a piece of plastic or wood to get a feel for your cutting technique and fittings...
smile.gif

Ref the trim.

If ya goto a lowes or home depot BEFORE you cut the holes.

You can get <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>FURNITURE "GROMMETS"</span>you know the holes in your computer desk that the wires go thru....

It's a round "O-RING" made of plastic. Scuff and paint to match bike. Cut hole epoxy painted grommet into place mount slider and go.

bmi-1033gy-50.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Rubber pipe grommets</span> work very well also. Tuff to paint but can ACTUALLY touch the slider and not vibrate
smile.gif

RUBBER GROMMET LINK. YOU CAN ORDER EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED. THICKNESS OF PLASTIC, SIZE OF HOLE, ETC. FREE SAMPLES TOO IF YOU ASK RIGHT!

GEESH!
smile.gif

ICE

smile.gif

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
After doing this I must agree, with Iceman, if you have rear stand and a laser pointer do it that way! Thanks for the photo of the grommets another good idea.

I like the putty method I saw somewhere... use play dough on the inside of the fairing, mount and unmount the fairing and.... instant hole marks.

Back