fot peg extenders

Normally people are getting Buel pegs and putting them on. You can also buy some leg room by getting TL pegs.

CLICK ME FOR DA BOMB...

beerchug.gif

I did the Buel peg mod last weekend.  Like many of you said it made a HUGE differece for me too.   BUT ... I need to extend out the shifter lever.  My boot is now at the ooutside end of the shifter and my toe sometimes slips off.  Anyone have any mod suggestions
dunno.gif

I did the Buel peg mod last weekend.  Like many of you said it made a HUGE differece for me too.   BUT ... I need to extend out the shifter lever.  My boot is now at the ooutside end of the shifter and my toe sometimes slips off.  Anyone have any mod suggestions  
dunno.gif
Sounds like you have the shift lever adjusted too far down and the kickstand is now so close to it you cant get your boot in between it?

Adjust the shift lever up a bit to make room.

You can always take of the rubber on your foot peg and the weight on the bottom of the peg with 2 screws and it will drop your foot about 1 inch.
thumb_up.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Z-Faucon @ Apr. 15 2008 said:
1375882[/ATTACH] PM]
dunno.gif
Sounds like you have the shift lever adjusted too far down and the kickstand is now so close to it you cant get your boot in between it?

Adjust the shift lever up a bit to make room.
I have this same problem with the shifter...My foot hits the kickstand and I can not get it all the way under the shifter. Simply adjusting the shifter up is not a viable option, as I set mine so I can comfortabley shift without strain. Any other suggestions out there?

super.gif

I'll try setting the shifter up higher. I expect this means taking the shifter off the shaft and moving it up one tooth. I'll try it but I think it may be too high for fast shifting. Thanks for the suggestion
beerchug.gif

Do the Vortex rear sets lower the pegs to at least as low as the Buel's ? I gotta have the pegs at least as low as the buel or I'm not comfortable.

I'll try setting the shifter up higher.  I expect this means taking the shifter off the shaft and moving it up one tooth.  I'll try it but I think it may be too high for fast shifting.  Thanks for the suggestion  
beerchug.gif
If you have all the adjustment used up on the shift rod then yes you will need to move the lever one tooth. When I first set mine up I had it too far down and had the problem. A minor adjustment makes a big difference.
Hope it works out for you.

Dobieman, thanks. I should have thought about the shifter adjustment - duhhh - it is working out better. Certainly helps till I save up for rear sets.
beerchug.gif

I fitted the Buell pegs last weekend. When i first rotated the lever on the shifter shaft, i had the "foot is kicking kick stand" issue. You CAN then adjust it so its comforable AND you dont touch the kick stand. Its just you may need lots of messing about getting it right.

If you cant use the adjustment by spinning the connecting rod to get it right, take off the shifter and move one cog, then try again. It WILL work trust me
smile.gif
you just might need some work getting it right. Dont give up - the change is worth the struggle
smile.gif

Jza

smile.gif

Back