Need Some Help---Re-Installing Stock Foot Peg/Springs

goblinsix

Registered
Could someone be so kind as to share some input on how to replace the stock Busa foot pegs and the spring into the peg bracket? I can't get the darn spring situated back into the foot peg correctly. I don't remember how the stock springs fit into the end of the stock foot pegs. I've tried a dozen different ways to get them back into place.

JG

The spring should just set in there and the pin drops in... # 14 right?

footrest.jpg

Ten feet from my bike tell me what part number your talking about from diagram above and I'll take pics for you .
Much better than words !
:whistle:

It's part #14. Thanks for the awesome pic. No, the spring just doesn't sit in there. Somehow it's anchored or compressed so as to cause the peg to snap back into place. Mine just sits in there loose after I put the pin back in.

Hmmm...I am really puzzled that I can't figure this out.

I remember when I took mine off for PC I think I had same problem.
I wanna say you have them backwards.
By that I mean simply turn them around.
There is one longer leg than the other.
The coil goes in only one right way to create the pressure.
Wrong way and it will lay there.

Just look at them carefully you will see what I mean how one end is longer than the other.

Long leg goes toward peg

FOOT PEG SPRINGS 001.jpg

FOOT PEG SPRINGS 004.jpg

Last edited:
if they are like the GEN 1 assembly...you have to engage the spring while you push the pivot pin through with the peg in the up position.

Not exactly sure how I did it but I am remembering a bit of a fit and some of what BH is saying above.
Not sure as I usually block most 'bikemares' out of my mind...

Got it...thanks a million !!!!

Ok, I can see how the spring sits in there now from the pic. I really need to remember to take pics of certain things before I take them apart.

Thanks guys !!!

:beerchug:

Pics do really help when you have to put things back together! I took a lot of pics when I had to put the valves, compressors, tanks, lines, and fittings back into my show car that had air ride. It took me awhile to get it all done, but the pics really helped and after I had to do it a couple times, I got a lot faster at doing it. Who did you have do the powder coating?

Back