Forks

binx

Registered
I have to do the forks on an 05 busa and would changing the oil and seals be enough ? Should I change the springs as well ? I am looking for a shop to do this around western mass if anyone knows of any. On another note the tb's need syncing as well. Trying to see if I can get a round about price you guys have paid for this and hopefully some recomendations for a shop. Thanks, appreciated.

Well , do you want better suspension, or just fix the problem?

A little of both, I want the most cost effective..lol. The forks oil has never been changed and there is a click in the front end and the forks are the last thing to be checked and done, up front anyway. Theres 9000 miles on them.

Not sure what you mean about the click? If you have an 05 bike that has never had the forks serviced, they are long overdue. Depending on your riding style and weight you may be able to just properly set the stock suspension and have a much better riding / handling bike. Changing the fork seals requires some mechanical know how, but is not an overly difficult task. There are lots of write ups on here about how to service the forks.

A little of both, I want the most cost effective..lol. The forks oil has never been changed and there is a click in the front end and the forks are the last thing to be checked and done, up front anyway. Theres 9000 miles on them.

Ihave the forks set up for me and they are fine really for my riding. I just hear click at low speeds in the front end when I go over little bumps and everything else is good. They havnt been touched except for rebound and damp.

If you have a clicking sound when the forks are near the bottom of travel, they need to be dismantled and inspected!
What is your weight, and do you have a dollar amount that you want to spend?

The clicking is at the top inch of travel. It was worse until I had them adjusted. It felt like there was nothing for the first inch of travel. I weigh 185 and want to stay 150-200 at most depending on what needs to be done. Seals are intact no leaks.

Well at any rate they need to come apart, the stock spring are good for a 165lb rider! I would recommend a .9 spring, and rebuild for sure!
Im in Nashua, NH and could help you out with the forks!
The clicking is at the top inch of travel. It was worse until I had them adjusted. It felt like there was nothing for the first inch of travel. I weigh 185 and want to stay 150-200 at most depending on what needs to be done. Seals are intact no leaks.

Thats would be sweet, I appreciate it. What all would I need to do them ? Would the .95 racetechs be overkill ? Forks are a whole new beast to me, never done them. Thanks again

I've seen him rebuild a set with his eyes closed...

Well at any rate they need to come apart, the stock spring are good for a 165lb rider! I would recommend a .9 spring, and rebuild for sure!
Im in Nashua, NH and could help you out with the forks!

You sure the click is in the forks?
It may very well be, but could also be the steering head bearings.
Obviously hard to tell without being there.

Ive had them checked and they were tight from what I was told. But the dealerships here dont know what throttle bodies are. I wish I was kidding about that. Ive been learning from the forums on how to do things after a few dealer mishaps. Gixxer let me know what I need and what needs to be done, bike to your area or mine. More towards the spring though, New England weather ..woot. Or I could try to pull them. Not sure, let me know.

Back