fork seals

XZZR1200

Registered
I have an '03 anniversary Busa that I bought new in Oct. '03. My fork seals are toast, I called a few local dealers and they said this is not a warranty item. Is this true? They want three hundred bucks to fix it. OUCH How hard is it to change the seals?

I dont know for sure.. but it would not surprise me..

The amont of people that do wheelies on sports bikes now and the amount of damage doing wheelies and touching back down can do to forks and fork seals, I could see how fork seals would not be coverd under warranty.

But again I dont know for sure. I would probably check with a few dealerships in differant county's to see if there was a general consensus.

Also, shouldnt the owners manual describe what is covered under warranty?

and last but not least, check Suzuki's web site, they might have a list of warranty items.

I have never changed seals so I have no idea how hard it is. But if it were me, for $300.00 I would probably figure out how to do it myself.

Good luck..

fork seals are covered under warranty but only once. also they will not be covered if abused or misusee. such as tiedowns being used wheelies drag racing etc etc. also if the bike is tored out side in extreme heat or cold. I would call US suzuki and ask and if for a fact they will not wattanty them take the forks off and send them to race tech and have them revalve and sprung for that price. There is nothing like a well handling bike

Had my fork seals done 3 times under warranty and the dealer told me that if it happens again he'll do them again even if the warranty has passed coz clearly there is something wrong here..

No wheelies just fast runs on a bumpy road.

First 2 times were on exactly the same bit of road . Weekly ride with the lads, we stop at the same place after a fast stretch and 2 weeks in a row, with a trip to the mechanic in between, I look down to find the seal leaking. sigh.

D

Back