Forget the Salt Beds, What is the fastest PAVED ROAD Top Speed of Busa with 700HP?

GixxFix

Registered
And on that note........

A Busa that is NOT a Streamliner but one that could be used as a daily rider..

Has anyone made it to a 5 mile AIR STRIP of Paved Road to find out?

Has anyone made it past 260mph on Pavement?

Re: Forget the Salt Beds, What is the fastest PAVED ROAD Top Speed of Busa with 700HP

Can you tell me what 5 mile paved air strip allows this?

260 or 261 on a 1 mile airstrip is highest i know of. The Brits have a 1.25 that has had some big speed too. These speeds are being done at less than 700hp.

Re: Forget the Salt Beds, What is the fastest PAVED ROAD Top Speed of Busa with 700HP

A Busa went 254.4 mph at the Texas Mile this year.

A Busa went 254.4 mph at the Texas Mile this year.

That is awesome.....but what can it do after another mile or 2 TOP Speed?

That is why I ask if anyone knows of even an "un official" top speed test done some where in secret even?

:shutup:

:whistle: im pretty sure some flew very fast getting over here in some jets before...the others in a cargo ship doing snail crawl

After 10 years of production and all the work done on this platform and nobody has done a TWO mile or more Test on Pavement?
I find that hard to believe.

There are many roads in the desert and elsewhere in this nation that could be used and even closed for a few hours of testing.............Heck even Tanner Foust from PROGRAMS - SUPERCARS-EXPOSED - PINKS, My Classic Car, Unique Whips, American Thunder, Super Bikes! - SPEEDtv.com has had roads closed for testing ......

most guys going that fast.....take it a little more seriously than just finding a straight road in the desert somewhere.

most guys going that fast.....take it a little more seriously than just finding a straight road in the desert somewhere.

That is was my point about Tanner Foust shutting down roads.....havent you seen how some Clubs shutdown roads for a Club event such as this?

Why so combative?..............IM JUST ASKING SIMPLE QUESTIONS.....

Uhh, I forgot to look at the speedo after making that last right turn........

DSCN0443Medium.jpg

It's one thing to be backed by a tv show that gets tons of money from advertising vs the everyday joe trying to cover the costs for shutting a road down. You would need permits, police, crash crew, insurance, etc to do it legally. You would also have to somehow convince the local politicians how this would be a benefit for them.

Hypothetically speaking, even if you worked everything out to do a run on a paved surface >2 miles tires are going to be a limiting factor.

tires, aerodynamics, and engine are MAJOR factors.

GixxFix, i dont know that a busa is going to get much more out of it than whats been done. The envelopes are being pushed as is. When you open up and engine like that, she wont last long. Even with significantly lowered compression and some serious go juice you still hangin it out there for a long time and long time usually means !!KABLOOEEY!!

It's one thing to be backed by a tv show that gets tons of money from advertising vs the everyday joe trying to cover the costs for shutting a road down. You would need permits, police, crash crew, insurance, etc to do it legally. You would also have to somehow convince the local politicians how this would be a benefit for them.

Hypothetically speaking, even if you worked everything out to do a run on a paved surface >2 miles tires are going to be a limiting factor.

+1000 on the Tires part; motors and suspension are far beyond capable of achieving higher speeds, but the rubber today wont sustain much more on any paved surface, n if it DID-it wouldnt be able to for very long.

Four years ago:

John Noonan and record setting HayabusaJohn Noonan took his Suzuki Hayabusa to a new speed record for a non-streamliner motorcycle of 259.393mph. Non streamliner means just that, John was sitting out there like the rest of us instead of being wrapped inside a two wheel tube. The Hayabusa displaced 1350cc and was running a turbocharger. John set the record on Wednesday at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Nice run, John.

Hopefully, we will all see a new record set at Loring AFB very soon... :laugh:

Hey stranger :welcome:

Loring AFB will have a 1.5 mile straight best chance for some higher speeds is there

Loring AFB will have a 1.5 mile straight best chance for some higher speeds is there

Sure but there are two Maxton meets before the Loring meet! :mwink:

:whistle:

Back