For Thrasher-land!

Mikey D

Registered
Here ya go Thrasher.

I built this 3 or so years ago. Made it out of 1-1/4 round w/.093 wall. 5-1/2 Hp Techumpsa (no that isn't how you spell it!) ATC rears and 14's up front. That's my buddy Hugo in the pilot seat. It'll go fast enough to scare ya and pull my fat azz through sand. Tons-a-fun!

Hugo_in_Kart.JPG

Side view to give you perspective. The kids love it. We have jumped it at the dunes and smashed it into some pretty solid rocks in the desert. Flag mount on top for keeping track of the young'uns

Hope you like!

IM001174.JPG

Coooool thanks Mikey.. You might see its twin some day!!!

Do you have any more pics? like of the rear axle setup, driving mechanism? ..

Thanks...
smile.gif

Cool Mikey.......built one when I was 14 that was powered by a cb750 engine....top speed was a hair under 150kph, and first, second and third gear were completey useless.......spun like you would not believe with only 14" tall tires and that much power.
Currently have a CBR900RR motor for the next project, just no time to build it right now.....should be a stack of fun with 125hp behind ya.
Gonna go for a cart that will pull to 140+mph not kph.
Did you guys see that vid from the UK.....some guy built a cart powered by I think a GSX 1100 motor, or a Busa motor.
Do a search under google for gixxerkart video, or gixxercart video....can't remember if it was spelled with a C or K.

Coooool thanks Mikey.. You might see its twin some day!!!

Do you have any more pics? like of the rear axle setup, driving mechanism? ..

Thanks...
smile.gif
I'll try to get some tonight. Dinner at pop's house so I may not be able to.

Rear axel is live (solid) and the drive is a Torque-a-verter.

Basically a variable sheeve pully design. Starts off with a large pully driving a small one for torque. when the torque drops off the pully seperates so as to change the "gear raito" and the little wonder speeds up.

For small karts (8hp & less) this is the ONLY way to go. I beats the he!! out of the centrifugual clutches. I know because I had a centrifugual on before the tork-a-verter. I think they make them up tp 18 HP

Linkey to tork converter

Great family project!

Cool Mikey.......built one when I was 14 that was powered by a cb750 engine....top speed was a hair under 150kph, and first, second and third gear were completey useless.......spun like you would not believe with only 14" tall tires and that much power.
Currently have a CBR900RR motor for the next project, just no time to build it right now.....should be a stack of fun with 125hp behind ya.
Gonna go for a cart that will pull to 140+mph not kph.
Did you guys see that vid from the UK.....some guy built a cart powered by I think a GSX 1100 motor, or a Busa motor.
Do a search under google for gixxerkart video, or gixxercart video....can't remember if it was spelled with a C or K.
Check out the end of Thrashers Welding thread. I posted a link to the GIXXERKart and found another jet powered one.

Last semester we retro'd a KX100 2 stroke engine in to a students kart. Couldn't get it out of 3rd gear, it went too fast!

Always wanted to but a 750 - 1100 GSXR engine in my wifes Odessy!
biggrin.gif

Post picts of yours Please!

Back