*for those of you using kryptonite locks!

what?? No way! Hmm....I have a krypto lock...I think I'll try that when I get home.

Ill have to give it a go tomorrow after work. And to think that the disc lock was the thing that saved my bike.

Remember, only do it if you can afford a new one (but if it works, who would want a new one??)

I'm so torn on this subject.  Posting it enables us to prevent a potential problem, but it also educates the thieves at the same time!  

If this is 100% true, I think the lock company is going to have one heck of a class action suit against them.  That's been the standard for decades!

<!--EDIT|epicrisis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095228386 -->

Damn!
wow.gif

laugh.gif
This is some funny stuff... All around the country we've got folks busting up pens, and jamming them into their locks and wiggling shid around...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Whew...I've got the "rope" version of the Kryptonite lock...better pull out the old ball point and double check though...
laugh.gif

Folks any lock can be picked if you know how. In fact it is not that hard but normally it requires two tools, one to slightly turn the cylinder, and one to lift the pins so that they jam against the slight edge created by turning the cyclinder. Basically each pin is forced up until it clears the cylinder, then you simply turn it the rest of the way. Of course this only works on a standard cylinder style lock. I supose it could be done with a bic if you wiggled it the right way and it fit into the cylinder far enough (or if the lock was cheap enough to only have a few pins).

If you want more info on how lock picking works try the link below. It will actually freak you out how easy it is.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/lock-picking.htm

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095253080 -->

You scared me there for a minute EAK. You sounded like a hardened criminal and the board members would have to whip your ass to keep you away.
biggrin.gif
I have a Kryptonite lock, and I'm in total agreement with what EAK said... "any lock can be picked." I use two locks and a disc lock. Add to the mix a Scorpio alarm, and I'm hopeful to at least hinder the fuggin' thieves if anything. I figure no security system is fool-proof, but if you can complicate the situation longer than normal, then that just might be enough to deter the fugger...

Brian:)

You scared me there for a minute EAK.  You sounded like a hardened criminal and the board members would have to whip your ass to keep you away.
biggrin.gif
 I have a Kryptonite lock, and I'm in total agreement with what EAK said... "any lock can be picked."  I use two locks and a disc lock.  Add to the mix a Scorpio alarm, and I'm hopeful to at least hinder the fuggin' thieves if anything.  I figure no security system is fool-proof, but if you can complicate the situation longer than normal, then that just might be enough to deter the fugger...

Brian:)
Oh yeah?! Well I do all of that AND have two ravenous Rottis tied to the Busa, just to dare 'em to take it!

Oh, and BTW...hey Brian...how you doin'?
biggrin.gif

I actually haven't used my new locking device yet...kind of quiet here in the country...most folks don't even know what I'm riding on, much less whether they want to steal it or not!
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm doing just great. Especially after I saw those pictures that Hawaiibusa put up. Man, I love those pics. It's the type stuff you dream about, ya know?

Back