? For THEMOTORHEAD

OB_ZXALAN

Registered
Motorhead, I am about to fully mod my air box and make a uni filter. My question is how do you think I should map it with a Yoshi box. Right now I am at +5,+5,0. This set up made the most horsepower on the dyno. I have a 1/2 modded box(cut to the filter), short stacks, yosh duplex. After I cut the box should I go 5,5,5? or leave it the way it is. At one time I had it at 0,+5,+10, It ran good but on the dyno 5,5,0 made five more horsepower. What do you think?

Do you sell the long stacks?
I had the idle circuit at about 11:45 but had a substantial hesitation at 2500 rpm. Change back to 12 oclock and got better but still has a hesitation somewhere below 3k. Is it possible to tune it out with a yosh box or is a PCII absolutely nessecary? It is not noticeable at the track but when revving it in neutral especially after throttling and letting off it coughs its *** off only clearing its self after about 3500 rpms. I am hoping that maybe the box mod will lean it out some and clean it up in the rev range, what you think MHEAD?

It would not hurt if you never have done them there are no air screws like on TL's a set of sticks and a manual It is more critical to set TPS

this setting has worked fine with my box.on some i went to 1100 .my box will lean it out A LOT.THATS TO FAT FOR THE STOCK OR SMALL MOD BOX.

Hey MHEAD or JCHEESE, after I do the airbox mod do you think I need to sync the throttle bodies? I have not done them yet. I think I can use a regular mercury carb synchronizer, Is this true? I tried to do a search on synching the throttle bodies but came up with nothing! How do you do it? I am going to do my box tonight and am planning on going to the track Friday night so I want it right. Are there air adjustment screws to adjust the TB's or what? Any help I will greatly appreciate!

I checked the TPS last week. It was in the middle position at 1100-1200 rpms but when the throttle was raised to about 1300-1400 rpms, it jumped to the top. I believe thats a little to early but I didnt adjust just because I didnt have the security torx. Should I adjust or just leave it, I will be installing my fully modded box tomorrow so I am thinking of leaving it where it is at. What do you guys think? Also we have a manual on order but it wont show up for another two weeks or so, do you think it is hurting the performance ANY racing it without a synch job? The bike hauls *** but stumbles bad below 3k. I will play with the yosh box tomorrow also after installing the air box

Back