? for the LEO's

Also count yourself as lucky ur not overseas. I had the distinct pleasure of shipping my car to Germany (duty station). When I went to register my car of course it had to be inspected. The first thing I was told is that it's the law "no tint on the front windows":moon:. Of course they dont tell you this in your PCS packet:whistle:. So $250 later at the convenient shop that specializes in removing tint in one hour I finally got my car registered.

Attitude may have played a part in this contact...:banghead:

No sir, I was very Nice to this guy I pulled off the hwy onto the grass, shut the car off , addresed him yes sir no sir and we even talked about Hayabusas(he noticed my sticker on the back window), my attitude was fine until he gave me the ticket:banghead:.... trust me i know if your an ass up front your going to get a ticket, im alway polite and show respect to the law but i guess it didnt help that day.

Last edited:
Here in our state i heard they are looking for the minor offenses more, no seatbelt, sound ordinence, TINT, etc. The trooper had a meter but i dont htink it was very accurate, it read 5 on the driver side, and 7 on the passanger side, when i got this done I was told it was 15% that was the darkest they would go for this reason, you had to pay cash no receipt. What i dont understand though is why they can have theres that dark on the front if we cant?

That is a sweet looking Camaro. I have a 2000 SS Pic Below

09-15-07_1240.jpg

If the officer can't see in your car as he approaches he'll be more nervous then if he can. Do yourself a favor and have your tinted windows down and hands on the wheel before he approaches and I bet your tint won't even be an issue.

No problem with Pa Troppers but I hear Nj Troopers put a big "X" on them with a razor???

Im not a fan of the front windows being tinted (driver /passenger) it really inhibits vision at night,but during the day you need it to see the TV's in the vehicle:laugh:

071908_12411.jpg

if the officer can't see in your car as he approaches he'll be more nervous then if he can. Do yourself a favor and have your tinted windows down and hands on the wheel before he approaches and i bet your tint won't even be an issue.

i did have both down!!!!

Back