One for the moper guys

Good to know that the numbers don't match. But, I was under the impression that Ford did not serialize the blocks on it's engines. At least that is how things are done nowadays. My various 5.0's did not have number stamps.

(FYI)The Ford FE series motors were not marked with the size of the motor, they all had "352" cast into the lower block. So a 352-428 block would look identical.

Either way, this Mach has a cleveland 351 in it and is not a FE series as i mentioned above. But i have to mention one thing, parts for the Cleveland motors are getting harder to come by, even here in the states where they were made.

BAh, Find a straight Chassis on a car you love. Numbers be damned. The Fossils are not about practicality and unless your looking to spend $40-50k and store it in a climate controlled environ? I'd say to hell with it. Find a car that does it for ya, just makes the heart flutter. Buy it, live happily ever after.

Just like a lot of ugly women out there. Somebody loves em' enough that they don't even notice the bondo or a sagging quarter panel. See if you find a straight chassis but maybe not a Matching Numbers chassis then you are going to pay a good bit less, and you end up with a car you enjoy but aren't afraid to drive. Win-Win unless you are a serious collecter.

Also Dazz, Bro of mine In Kuwait right now, he's come across a whole bunch of cherrie old scholl detroit iron. Might be fairly easy for you to get hold of in Ireland.

As for MOPAR, I love em' had a 1971 Plymouth Valiant Scamp, with a 340 in it that was a holy terror. The little A-bodies are seriously lightweight, and when you throw a proper 340 in em' are just rockets.

But, if I was going to build something today? It would probably be either an older 62 Buick or a 67 Thunderbird. Then just have fun with em'.

Then again there is a lot to be said for sticking with a good old generic Chevy. Cheap and plentiful parts, run just fine.

You could always get your cleveland parts from the Aussies, that is if you are willing to pay the shipping and customs.
I agree with Revlis, get a car that lights your fire and just drive it your way, not the way others deem necessary.
Revlis,
Tell me about the old school stuff your bro has found in Kuwait... I am looking to stock up on vintage projekt cars for an enterprise here. in Bosnia...

Here Ya go: Dunno much more than this, sorry but it's just something he and I had discussed briefly.

Car Link

Back