? for the LEO's

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Okay officers, I have a 98 Camaro, black with 5% limo tint, my friend has an 07 or 08 VW Golf/rabbit. pics below. The question is why does the VW get pulled over and questioned about his tint (35%) and I havent had any problems. Is it a "tuner" car thing? maybe the import guys tend to have other illegal things or dangerous driving and the Camaro/Mustang ect. dont?
Thanks guys:thumbsup:

153.jpg

Hecs ride.jpg

here, if it seems too dark, you get pulled over...no matter what you drive. if y'all have alot of wannabe fast & furious kids locally...it's just a profile thing- dumazzes spoiling it for the ones that just like those kind of cars.

Does the VW have one of those Big Cans sticking out the back that makes it sound like a Chainsaw on Steroids/Crack

state laws vary on tint... some say none at all, others are AT35 drivers forward.. AZ allows the later (or used too) California says none at all (AT5 is limo tint)

Last edited:
im not a cop, but i know a few people that are. More than likely he is being pulled over for more than just tint. 7 times outta 10 they are looking for other things than just tint. That car brings a lot of attention, not to mention being lowered the bigger wheels, just has a flashey show to it. When the officer gets to the car and realizes that there isnt any real reason to pull him over the tint is the only reason to get him with. I was in the sprt tuners for a long time before i got the bikes, and i was always being pulled over for the stupidest reasons, just because the cops thought it was a dum kid out on a ride looking for a race or other bad stuff.
As for camaro's not that they are good looking but they really dont stand out and yell look at me im gonna do something stupid. My advice is for him to ditch the tint or get a state police officer to right it off, in Md there was a sticker that the police could give you to put under the tint that was a offical legal tint marker from the MD state police.

just my 2 cents

Texas has gone all the way down to 20% on front windows now.
My second car a 79 Firebird had 5% on it and you could stand next to it in the daytime and not see inside.

Prolly just Profilin:laugh:

Man i just got a ticket for my tint Yesterday A freakin $150.00 what a damn joke.... i was driving 65 in a 70 seat belt on, driver window down and a state trooper pulls me over my windows are 15% on the front, dont get me wrong i respect cops and lawenforcement for what they do, but it seems like they are looking for anything these days, why can they have blacked out windows i understand the back for prisoners but there front is darker then mine... just seems a little nuts, I wasn't doing anyhting wrong and i get pulled over and poped. it's a bunch of BS if you ask me, are rights are slowly going away. just venting.

im not a cop, but i know a few people that are. More than likely he is being pulled over for more than just tint. 7 times outta 10 they are looking for other things than just tint. That car brings a lot of attention, not to mention being lowered the bigger wheels, just has a flashey show to it. When the officer gets to the car and realizes that there isnt any real reason to pull him over the tint is the only reason to get him with. I was in the sprt tuners for a long time before i got the bikes, and i was always being pulled over for the stupidest reasons, just because the cops thought it was a dum kid out on a ride looking for a race or other bad stuff.
As for camaro's not that they are good looking but they really dont stand out and yell look at me im gonna do something stupid. My advice is for him to ditch the tint or get a state police officer to right it off, in Md there was a sticker that the police could give you to put under the tint that was a offical legal tint marker from the MD state police.

just my 2 cents

I get it, his car is cooler than mine.:laugh: oh well, i got busa and he doesent:laugh:

Anytime a person makes mods which are contrary to law, they accept the consequences that go with it.

Man i just got a ticket for my tint Yesterday A freakin $150.00 what a damn joke.... i was driving 65 in a 70 seat belt on, driver window down and a state trooper pulls me over my windows are 15% on the front, dont get me wrong i respect cops and lawenforcement for what they do, but it seems like they are looking for anything these days, why can they have blacked out windows i understand the back for prisoners but there front is darker then mine... just seems a little nuts, I wasn't doing anyhting wrong and i get pulled over and poped. it's a bunch of BS if you ask me, are rights are slowly going away. just venting.

Attitude may have played a part in this contact...:banghead:

Does the VW have one of those Big Cans sticking out the back that makes it sound like a Chainsaw on Steroids/Crack

Gawd I hate the fart cans...thing sounds like a super long loud fart and the
mini little tuner cars aren't even moving, the fart cans are on the same plain
as wearing your pants down below your arse showing off your stupid underwear...
neither knows just exactly how ridiculasly idiotic they are...

Yet... key word...
This is generally how it works.
Some (probably most) officers don't consider window tint a priority. You may have had close encounters with patrol cars and the officer did not want to mess with an equipment violation. Many will not enforce window tint unless they have a meter to measure it. Tint meters are pretty hard to come by. Many departments will not purchase them due to budget constraints.
You can also be tagged in another state for violating their tint laws.
I received a ticket in another state for not having my vehicle registration in the car. My state does not require it to be in the vehicle. Nothing I could do but pay it and chalk it up to a lesson learned.
I pulled a boat across several state lines one year, our state does not require license plates on boat trailers. So to avoid hassles, I obtained a letter from our tax commission stating plates were not required. Avoided a ticket with that letter.

count yourself lucky the fine was only 150 bucks. In indiana, the fine for first time offense is $1000 and they make you peel your tint right there on the side of the road. if you cant or wont, they impound the car.

And they fine the shop that did it 10 grand.

Back