For the exhaust gurus....

shortBoarder

on the pegs + into the sun
Donating Member
Registered
what effect would changing the stock pipes to after-market exhausts have on gas mileage? What differences would there be between 4-2 vs. 4-1?

This is assuming remapping with a PCIII.

Thanks for any help!

On my system, my gas milage got a little worse. Not much, I don't even remember by how much, probably 4-5 mpg.

2 cans or 1 can. 1 can weighs less. As far as mpg, I don't know.

The aftermarket exhaust will improve the gas mileage, but the final controlling factor is the mapping of the PC. You can tune it for maximum power or best gas mileage.

mine went from about 45 mpg to about 32 mpg

granted I gained about 8 hp. well worth it. I didn't buy a bike to get good gas mileage. I bought it to have fun on. Still gets getter mileage than my car does
laugh.gif

not to worried about gas mileage...
haven't even checked but I know it takes a tank everytime I go out riding, ummmm at thats $1.30 a liter if I put shell gas in it.
sad.gif

My gas mileage went down a touch, but not enough to notice. I'm sure the bike is running just a touch rich, especially at this altitude. Nothing a custom map won't take care of this summer. I wouldn't worry about too much.

Mine went from about 43 mpg to 38 freeway, I have the BDE Gen 3 system. I only run 92 octane gas too.

Back