Food for thought....

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
From the following website --- I Waste So Much Time - Weekly Fave on All My Faves

interesting.jpg

It does seem the world is in such a hurry now days. Only the kids seemed to want to stop and really enjoy what was being played. Maybe its the learning factor we have as a child. I have noticed for me I really do not stop and smell the roses anymore and I cannot sit and enjoy much of anything either. I always feel rushed and don't know why and I am always bored no matter what I am doing. Maybe it's the getting old thing and that I feel that I have not done enough in my life. Anyone else feel this? O I am 53 :laugh:

Adults are so programmed to ignore less fortunate folks on the street. If you lok at them and make eye contact you feell guilted into giving them something. This is a perfect example because I bet lots of those people would have recognized him if they looked and really were looking.

It is perception. If it was known that this great musician would be playing people would stop and bravo about how great he was/is. Sitting in the metro, he is percieved as a bum. Busy people, busy lives, have no time to stop and give their valuable time and effort to a nobody.

In AMERICA, the majority of music that is appreciated is hip hop, dance music because the younger generation buys this music. The music is pushed daily on the TV and over the air waves. Music appreciation is dead in the USA.

The Thunder Rolls Purple Rain and Benny and the Jets is a Thriller said The Piano Man as he Beat It.

I 'm sure a ton of people would have stopped if he was handing out (free) samples of anything. Instead of being mesmourized by him pouring out his soul, and showing respect for the years he took to perfect his genius. I agree with Big Bo, on today's music choice by the mases, but there still a alot of culture out there. It has do do with the crazy lifestyle we live, and people not stopping to take a breath of fresh violin!!!

:bowdown: to Joshua Bell.....

Back