Fond farewell

EAKbusa

Registered
Well folks the Busa is gone. It was picked up this morning headed for Houston. Sad day for me, a great day for Ted Biele (thanks). You really forget how awesome your bike is until you see someone else pull away on it. Wow what a ride! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and also have really enjoyed this site. I will still be around but it is not the same without the Busa.

Anyhow, for anyone that wants to know, Daily Direct shipped the bike for us (haulbikes.com) and I must say they are a class act except that it seemed to have taken a long time to arrange the pickup. However they showed up as promissed, called in advance, and wow what a rig they brought, like a full on race team trailer, full size semi with custom paint and a Volvo sleeper cab - very nice. the rig holds like 60 + bikes and that is all they do. The guy was super nice and loaded it by himself too. Real nice set-up with them, I would recommend them if you need to ship. Just make them stick to a schedule if you can.

I will miss the ol' bird but life goes on. Enjoy, Ted, she's on her way! Thanks again.

Yeah you kinda forget how good something is or looks until it's gone.What part of SW VA are you from? I was born down in Richlands but have since moved up to Fredericksburg, all my family is still there so I come back as much as I can.

I live in Wytheville. I have a friend from Richlands and know a few others from that area. Nice area really, good for riding (except in winter of course).

Dude, no 2005 waiting for you ? Sorry to hear you had to sell.....

<!--EDIT|Monty
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106927715 -->

Sorry hear, but why are you letting go? Yes haul bikes was great they shipped my Bike from Chicago to Texas when I bought it. It covered 20,000$ in damage but the only thing was it took a long time for them to pick up the bike, and a loooong time to deliver it. It even says on their website, (which I overlooked the first time) that they gather around as many bikes as they can, and then make a route and take them our way so after I paid for the bike, I wait about a month before I got it. That was killer lol oh well but it got here safe :-)

Great for tedbiele, and not-so-great for EAKbusa..
smile.gif
sad.gif
Anyway, congrats to tedbiele on his purchase. As far as shipping a bike is concerned, I used Allied trucking to carry my Busa from Chicago to Louisiana when I purchased mine back in June '02. Very speedy delivery with real-time tracking whenever you want. Picked up promptly and delivered within 5 days. Cost me $500. Another good thing about Allied is that they carry WITH all fluids in the bike. Some carriers won't haul the bike with oil, anti-freeze, or gasoline already in the bike because it re-classifies the cargo as being a hazardous material. The people are very friendly and courteous. They wouldn't even touch the bike until I got there before they removed it from the trailer.
cool.gif
I would highly recommend Allied Van Lines to anyone who wants their bike shipped (and NO! I don't work for them...
biggrin.gif
).

Yeah i am sorry to see it go but I chose to prioritze some expenses and got rid of an unecessary toy (sorry, Busa). I will be back another time when finances better allow it.

Bacharles, Daily Direct keeps all the fluids also, he just rode it up to the truck lift and pushed it in, strapped it down and left. So I guess they do list them as hazardous cargo (?).

But I'll be around and will buy another bike when I can. Once you have the fever it never goes away and I have been riding for 15 years. I will be back!

Sorry to see the pumpkin Busa go...and I never got to see it in person...
sad.gif

That's it for you and the Busa then? No plans to buy another?
rock.gif

I hope your able to get back on track soon and get yourself another bike. I sorry to hear you had to watch this one leave.:(

Stick around EAKbusa, reasonable folks are kinda scarce...
smile.gif
Take care man, glad you got a deal worked out for ya.

sorry you had to let go. Maybe things will chang and you can get another.

Back