Flippin swingarm installation...

G

Wow this thing is a PITA to do lol. I gotta get the shock compressed somehow and i think i'll be all set and ready to roll. once thats together i can finish bolting everything up and stuff. have a quick question though... the gsxr 600 pivot... seems like it's not 100% squared up with the swingarm in terms of the suspension links. the bearing piece seems to be long enough to allow you to bolt it up and have it sit squarely but i'm not too sure. any advice from those who have 600 arms/

3-4 hours huh ? LOL
Sorry, I can't help you, without being there.
Good Luck still, don't bust to many knuckles.

As for compressing the shock use a adjustable shock or strut compressor.
Once compressed wire it off " GOOD" install, cut wires.

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138288012 -->

well i got 3 hours into it lol... almost done if i could finish this up.

question: on the shock, i cranked the preload down a LOT. does this have anything to do with why i cannot get everything to bolt up very easily?

I don't know.
I'll try to do a quick study off the 02 rear arm.
I personnally have never seen this Mod done.
There would probably be some slight differences in mounting points and such.
Need to get out those tapes and measure everything up.
Including thicknesses, because we know the Busa arm is longer.

Wow this thing is a PITA to do lol.  I gotta get the shock compressed somehow and i think i'll be all set and ready to roll.  once thats together i can finish bolting everything up and stuff.  have a quick question though... the gsxr 600 pivot... seems like it's not 100% squared up with the swingarm in terms of the suspension links. the bearing piece seems to be long enough to allow you to bolt it up and have it sit squarely but i'm not too sure.  any advice from those who have 600 arms/
You dont need to have the spring compressed in order to install the arm.

so I'm guessing that since i tightened the preload up a shitload... figured it would be easier with the shock out... i should maybe back it down and hope everything bolts up again?

I'll take pics of me putting it back together and all the things to look for tomorrow or saturday when I finish it. tonight after work i got boxing/gym/gotta pick something up/work at the bar.. busy night.

where in mass are you brendanp? i'm in broad brook,CT .. 5 mins from enfield!

Back