Flag

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Cap, if you're responsible for the stars and strips waving on this great board Thank You. Or Thank You to who ever is responsible. It looks great, and makes me even more pround to be a member here. Thanks again.
jump9.gif

Thanks, I've had it for awhile but haven't had the time to get it up.... I am really tired of hearing on the news about all of the anti war BS and attacks on the President, whatever your political position supporting our troops is paramount to our countries success. Our troops deserve the best the flag is just a simple remider of how we are able to be in a country with FREEDOMS like this site.

Cap

As one of the few Europeans here I'd just like to point out that we're not all arrogant, ignorant, self-absorbed, ungrateful, "to-good-to-be-your-friend" little pieces of sh*t.
Some of us actually have brains. And memories spanning more than just the last 4 years.

I'm not going to rant on how I think "European pacifism" is just a nice word for "cowardice". Or how they explain leaving millions of innocent people at the whim of Saddam was "safer". Or how European armies just seem to retreat at the slightest hint of opposition.

Because as soon as I get the chance, I'm outta here. They can have their "old world" thinking, sucky weather and even suckier cars (bar British cars). I'll go find myself a country with a government not made out spineless wimps, sun everyday, fast cars, good roads, cheap fuel and no national speed limit.

Btw: Captain, sorry for the foul language, but there aren't any nicer words for them.

Edit: what I really wanted to say was:
It's nice to know, that when the going gets tough, there's at least one country that has the guts to take out the trash. And unlike what the media may be spouting, it is very much appreciated.

<!--EDIT|NightStalker
Reason for Edit: "forgot sumthin"|1074202468 -->

I have a lot of respect for those that serve or have served our contry, so I say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you that serve. Thanks for protecting our way of life.

Come on over, sounds like you got more figured out then many BORN Americans !!!

nice flag cap, speaking of freedom, did you hear the FBI wants to make it legal to put taps on VOIP, kinda like carnavoir or something. I guess there is fear that terrorists are communicating and organizing using voip?

I aint got nuttin to hide, VOIP is cheap, and somewhat more difficult to track. Trust me Im in telecom and when you pick up a phone and get dial tone your tracked.

I have to say there is no flag more Beautiful than ours. I love America and GOD bless it.

Come on over, sounds like you got more figured out then many BORN Americans !!!
ATPL's aren't really needed in the USA right now (nor anywhere else). But as soon as that changes, and I get the health insurance deal figured out, you might be looking at a new green card applicant
alien.gif

And if that doesn't work out, I've always got New Zeeland
tounge.gif

Damn NightStalker how you been??? Good to see you here,

Cap'n, what the rest said, thanks.

But I do have one contrary thought, what makes this country special I think is that we can have Anti-War protestors, people burning the flag, speaking their minds and nobody gets "Disappeared", no one gets arrested (for speaking their minds anyway), and damnit that is why I served my Country, I swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States of America. It's not like you are released from that oath when you get it. Does it bring me to tears when I see our troops coming home in bags? Yes, but does it fill me with pride knowing that if nothing else, right or wrong, they died while Honoring their Oath to America.
So while I disagree with the politically motivated Anti-War protests I am always proud that they are out there, unafraid, speaking their minds, and exercising their right to free speech. It's what has made America a desirable place to live despite it's many troubles. When they cannot get out there, Burn a Flag and make their voices heard, that will be a sad day.
In short, I have a lot of respect and love for those currently serving in our Armed forces, don't ever forget about them and though I do not like the War protesters, at the same time I am glad they are able to be out there.

Rev.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074258241 -->

I actually noticed the flag right off and thought, Man that sure did brighten up the look of the page. But then i wondered was it the GIF/pic or was it what it means to me.. Either way, thanks Cap!

Glad to be back Rev, let's just say I ran into some "trouble". Nothing really bad, just very time-consuming.

And I have to agree with you on the "freedom of speech" thing. If they really disagree, by all means, they SHOULD protest. But most of them only seem to be using their freedom of speech and not their freedom of thought. They just follow the flock and repeat what the media tells them. There are so many flaws and inconsistencies in their logic, that I'm actually not really inclined to call it "logic". I can understand someone being "anti-war", but they should at least TRY and back it up with something else than emotional rantings. War IS a bad and evil thing, and I wish for the day that all armies of the world disband, go home and live happy lives instead of having to take immense risks on a daily basis. But it ain't gonna happen, and when things take a turn for the worse, we should be glad that we can count on men and women that will make the ultimate sacrifice for their country, and saveguard our future in the process. Just imagine where the world would be without the armies that are portrayed as "evil": would we (gutless europeans) be under German/Nazi ruling, or would the fundamentalist muslims have taken over already? Probably, because who would stop them? (sarcasm)The mighty French?(/sarcasm)

I disagree however on the flag-burning. If someone doesn't like Bush or his way of doing things, then they should say so (or simple vote against him in the next elections - isn't democracy a great thing?), not go and disrespect the memory of millions of fallen warriors. Burning the American flag falls in the same category as desacrating WWII-graves IMO (whether they be Axis or Allied - a fallen warrior deserves respect, and to rest in peace), and is inexcuseable.
If I disagree with the Pope f.e., I don't go around burning bibles or pissing on images of Christ. It would be disrepectful and painful for a lot of good and honest religious people.

"The price of freedom, is eternal vigilance."
"I pitty the man who has nothing worth fighting for." (seemed appropriate)

Back