Fixing Levers?

mestona

Registered
The company I purchased SR-24 levers from (was told they work on gen 2's) will not take them back (cause clutch to slip when installed, brakes seem to work fine).

I am wondering if anyone has run into this kinda thing before? I was thinking of machining the stops on them down a bit to cause them to not engage the master cylinders too early? Anyone think this will work or have another idea? I was going to measure the factory levers and cut down the end stops to match.

If they told you they will fit GENII and they don't and now won't take them back it sounds like you did not spend enough time on the phone with them .
Don't take no for an answer . Tell them you will call cc company and protest thus they will in the end get nothing or they can take levers back and refund your money.

Or if your gonna keep them then what your thinking sounds reasonable

Are they adjusted too tight? Sounds like there is a slight pressure on the plunger, you could be getting some fluid bleed causing the clutch to slip. I know we dont have cables, but, I am just thinking out loud here.

Still have the stock triple tree~?~

Commone problem on aftermarket trees...even Pazzo's new fix didn't help their levers~!~ (on mine anyway)

Stock triple tree, I would like to keep them they look sic as hell but I am just getting the hive's opinion on what to do with them.

Here is the most recent of the bike that I have and here is a shot of the levers from the website (my POS Nikon broke so this is the best I can do guys.)

Busa1.jpg

stmracing-lever.jpg

Ive used CRGs on all my bike and the ones on the Busa are flawless. Stick with something you know is good

I got the levers sorted. It turns out that the loop which holds the stock bushing (brass part that interfaces with the clutch plunger) was not wide enough causing an artificial end stop by binding the side of the plunger. I opened up the slot about 1/16" wider and now they work as designed (and I can finally add them to my Sig line).:beerchug:

Back