First long ride on the Busa

Solinary

Registered
I was invited by my girlfriend's brother to go for a ride with a few others yesterday, which I happily accepted. So we made a couple of stops picking up a few others and in the end there were about 10 bikes and the Busa was the only non-cruiser type bike. I must admit that I was initially a little weary of this situation based on the stereotypical disdain between the two types of riders.

As it turned out though, these guys and gals were awesome and very very friendly. What was really cool though is that almost every single one of them made a fuss over the Busa at the various stops along the ride. They were asking tons of questions, throwing compliments left and right, and a few even took some pictures. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, so the ride ending up going through some of the mountains here in Colorado and up and over the Continental Divide via Trail Ridge Road. The entire ride, minus the brief stops and lunch was just about 7 1/2 hours (chump change to some of you ;) ). My bike is still completely stock and it was overall a very comfortable ride for the entire duration, which also included my girlfriend on the back. Granted my knees and hips were sore at the end, but considering it is not a cruiser, very pleased.

I am planning on doing a few things in the way of comfort, such as the peg mod, here in the future and am excited to see how much of a difference that makes.

Back