Find me buyers and I'll cut you in.

turbojonn

Registered
My business partner has been able to find a monthly supply of ridiculous amounts of the following:

1. Used cardboard-60 containers per month
2. Wood pallets-almost unlimited quantiy
3. Oil- cooking, canola and vegatable (all used)-60 containers per month.

Containers are those things they ship to ports and put on the back of semi-trucks. You can see the quantitiy is HUGE. The cardboard is typically recycled, so that's where it's market will likely be found. The wood pallets can be turned into pressboard. The oil? Who knows? Biodiesel? The minimum amount that can be shipped to one location is approx 40k lbs (one contiainers weight).
If any of you can find a home for any of this product we can make sure you get $. Here's some fun math. 40,000 lbs (the weight of one loaded container) times 60= 2,400,000 pounds total per month. Make even 2 cents per pound and you've netted $48,000. That's a big big pie to split up. Let me know if you have any ideas. PM me for respnses and I'll be more likely to get your info. quickly.

And you are located where? It may cost more to move then the stuff is worth!

You know Willie Nelson is using a crap load of the used oil now at his truckstop in the form of biodiesel.. if nothing else, they may be able to help you with the oil distribution..

All of this is just about free to us, so shipping is the only real cost. We can send any one of the three products (pallets/chips, oil(s), or cardboard) just about anywhere in the World and still beat out the big suppliers. When you break it down to per pound shipping it ends up being almost inconsequential. Don't even give the shipping costs a second thought. My partner has cardboard shipping form Australia to China right now, and we're still killing the competition on price.
I keep coming back to Biodiesel and the cooking oils. I guess that grain oils are the current standard? There has got to be a biodiesel producer that would jump on a super cheap oil supply. 60 containers of oil per month is something like 300,000 gallons. That is some kind of $!

All I can think of is HUGE FREAKING BONFIRE VISIBLE FROM SPACE!
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Huge bonfire visible from space
laugh.gif
. I guess the combo of cardboard and cooking oils is a firefighters nightmare.
I should be very specific in expressing that we are looking for end consumers capable of buying large quantities of the oil. The minimum we can ship per location is one container full, or 40,000 lbs.

I pursued Willie Nelson's biodiesel. They only buy form American farmers. Can't fault an American legend for being patriotic. I guess I'd better get back on the road again (I'm some funny guy).

Need to figure out a way to get it to an American farmer who will then turn around and sell it to good ol Willie.

you think about getting with local landscapers to get rid of your woodchips?

bump.gif

Back