Help on finding Mass Loaded Vinyl.

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Ok another question for you guys. I find myself asking you all on the Org cause this site has alot of knowledge in its membership :thumbsup:
So im looking to find mass loaded vinyl. What kind of company should i be looking for locally to purchase this from? It is very heavy (1b per sq ft) so shipping is ridiculous and i need to find a shop that makes this stuff or imports huge quantities so i can also get it relatively cheap. Its not a flooring vinyl so i dont think any flooring companies can get it.

Here's an example of the stuff:
MASS LOADED VINYL

And also closed cell foam if anyone knows what company i should be finding to get ahold of that...

Yeah im trying to find suppliers of it. So far ive gotten sound barrier as my key word to find people who make it... This crap can get expensive. Just trying to cut out as many middlemen as possible :laugh:

3M most likely makes it as they make all things related to plastics and rubber .

Yeah I emailed them to see if i could get it from them. Been googling for a few days trying to find companies to get this through direct. Cant find them... At least any close to me that dont want less than 100 bucks for shipping.. This stuff is real heavy

3M most likely makes it as they make all things related to plastics and rubber .

Im emailing a 3m rep. He had never heard of it so i emailed him specs and properties of the material and hes looking into it. May not get it but still worth a try because theres a big 3m facility in Raleigh, NC very close to me :thumbsup:

Cool beans:thumbsup:

Id offer ya some of what subaru put in my car, but there isnt any in there:laugh:

Its a real quiet ride as is. The doors vibrate though a bit when the sound is real high. I figure itl be a fun project to do closer to spring.

Cool beans:thumbsup:

Id offer ya some of what subaru put in my car, but there isnt any in there:laugh:

You should ride in my wifes mazda 3 if you think our subies are bad! Wow, never another mazda...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Back