Finally...!!

domestictuner

Donating Member
Registered
Finally, after sitting since halloween, the weather finally prompted me to make all the necessary purchases (insurance 569.00 and a plate 147.00). It was such a let down putting all the mods on and not being able to ride afterward. I got to take the bike out for a long ride with some friends last night. I had ridden it a little bit around my house/neighborhood, but didnt get to far cause of the lack of a plate. It blows my mind how much power it has, having only ridden a couple of 600's and a 750, I had an idea of what I was getting in to but last night was way too much fun. It has seemingly unlimited power and is so smooth. I am sure many of you remember the feeling. I hope they are all as good as last night. The second bonus is I am not the biggest noob in the group 2 friends finally ponied up and got bikes but with no prior experiance they got the names training wheels 1 and 2. Thought i would relay this piece of trivia and hope to post more often.

03 black/gray bought all stock with 5200 mi
UFO undertail
st machine plate relocator/chainguard
PC3 w/ stock map
near future: HMF big bird, K&N

Congrats. I finally got mine out of the garage yesterday and was able to drive it down to the local dealer to get an oil change and a general lookover. I would've done it myself, but I'm just too busy and figured I'd just get it over with. It felt really good to ride again. I almost forgot what it felt like.

Welcome aboard. Have you posted pics yet young man? Huh? Have ya? Have ya?

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Congrats. I had mine out during the winter, but it's parked for now. I'm hoping to get it out again in a few weeks.
beerchug.gif

neat..

yeah the first time you really nail the throttle is when your brain (the part thats not going HOLY CRAP!) is going HOLY SHEEEEIIT!!! nobody needs this much gotdern powaaah!

hehe, i still remember that first time like it was yesterday.. felt like I was duct taped to a fricken rocket.

remember to breath.. you guys be careful.. hehe

training wheels 1&2 especially.

BTW.. love the nicknames.. thats funny.

Congrats on getting out and taking her for a ride! We can definitely all relate to what you are feeling. Post up a couple pics of the bike and the mods.

Yeah man, it only gets better too!

I would suggest picking up a BMC race filter to go with your Bigbird, rather than a K&N. I am no tuner, but I have done a lot of research. The concensus pretty much is that K&N gives very little power gains on the busa. The BMC flows better, allowing more air, more fuel, hence more power. You have to get your bike tuned properly though to get the entire potential from the combo.

Just my small suggestion to make your busa experience a tad better.

Back