Finally got a 9 run

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Started toying with the Busa at the strip last year - went three times. Best run was a 10.1 @ 147 on spray. As some of you may remember had a small nitrous exploooooosion that literaly blew the back of the bike off.

Went back for the first time Wed. No nitrous. After 2 lousey dial in runs (10.6/10.2) was able to turn a 9.805 @140. 60" was 1.525. I starting to see the that the 60" and lots of RPM at launch (was only launching at 4k before) are the key to the whole deal. Anyway was pretty happy. I'm hooked again.

Bike is stock except for gearing, strap, and 6 over arm. The extra 6 inches really made the difference
laugh.gif

great times! i'm stuck on the sidelines till end of aug(fiancee's rule to prevent me getn married Aug. 22 in a bodycast) but hey, what gearing do you have? n what rpms you launch at now? also, r u runnin stock rubber or a slick out back w/normal psi or do you drop, like 25-20psi??

congrats n keep us posted with numbers-and throw in sum pics pleez!
smile.gif

Gearing is 1 down and 2 up on back....but I think the 2 up on back is hurting trap speed.  Going to switch it out an try again.  Launching now by feathering clutch at 8K, tire is a Shinko (makes a difference) at 25 psi.....tooo hot in midwest to put leathers on for tomorrow night.......

I noticed I said stock....should have said "basically stock". All of the mods are what most everyone does to their Busas out of the box or for use at the track.....I don't have any engine work or a Power Commander....

<!--EDIT|McyMike
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150831696 -->

Mike, those arent bad times at all. Thats what its all about, gradual improvement. Those are close to the times I run on my Busa on motor. I have a pc3 and exhaust though. Now all I need to do is lose some weight!

Man...it has got to cool down sometime.... before I get my butt back in a leather suit...having 1/4 mile withdrawls.........

Back