Finally finished with mods and upgrading my 08 Busa. Well "for now" at least W/(PICS)

zzaacckk007

Registered
2008 Suzuki Gen 2 Hayabusa Project....

So I finally finished with all the mods and aftermarket parts that I plan putting on My 2008 Gen II Hayabusa "for now" at least. Until I decide to Port and Polish the head, and slap on a turbo.

Below is a list of every aftermarket part or mod I have done to get it where it is today:

1. Stealth Fender Eliminator
2. Grab Bar Hump Mod
3. Vortex Swing Arm Spools
4. Brock's Alien Head Full Exhaust
5. Driven Smog Block off Plates
6. Factory Pro Velocity Stacks
7. BMC Race Air Filter
8. Power Commander 5 PCV
9. Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
10. Flashed Ecu By Livengood Motor Sports
11. Tuned By Livengood Motor Sports
12. A&R HID's and Led Running lights
13. Smoked Double Bubble Windscreen
14. Galfer Front and Rear Stainless Steel Break lines
15. Trunk Mod
16. Powder Coated Clutch and Break Levers
17. Powder Coated Passenger Pegs and Rear Sets
18. Smoked Tail Light & Turn Signals

Below is pictures From the very first day I bought it till now I have done everything myself except for the tune and flash.

So the First Day I brought it home it looked like this....

IMG_1794_zpsbf4e8eb0.jpg

Literally within a couple of hours I had all the reflectors, mud flap, and huge cans off, along with a stealth tag bracket I made....

IMG_1826_zpsaed5a661.jpg

A couple of days later I was thinking this beast is hard to get on the rear stand by myself so I proceeded to do the Grab Bar Hump Mod along with some Vortex Swing Arm Spools....

IMG_1854_zps03eee60b.jpg

When I first bought the Hayabusa I really wasn't sure if I liked it, more importantly how it handled "because of the tires it comes with." But I am telling if your Hayabusa does not handle like you think it should or like you want it to, get you some race tires and you will love it. Because coming from a 09 R1 I loved how that bike handled, and I think the Busa handles better then that bike did now that it has good tires. As far as curves and the mountains go they are pretty much even but when it comes to speed and acceleration the Busa wins hands down.

zack6_zps2d2c393f.png

So after putting on the tires and knowing for sure if I liked the Hayabusa I decided to mod the hell out of it. The second group of mods I did was: Brock's Alien Head Full Exhaust, Driven Smog Block off Plates, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, BMC Race Air Filter, Power Commander 5 PCV, and Carbon Fiber Tank Pad. Which all of those mods gave it a hell of a lot more power.

107.2 torque and 178.3 hp STD Before tune.... and that's with a 190/60/17 rear race tire.

IMG_1906_zps9d7c22d0.jpg

IMG_1919_zpsf86aec8b.jpg

IMG_1920_zpsa14dae70.jpg

IMG_1930_zpsc291693b.jpg

IMG_1931_zpsac628263.jpg

IMG_1933_zps8814db18.jpg

IMG_1934_zps7eaaa2fd.jpg

IMG_1935_zps7626550c.jpg

IMG_1936_zpsb2769cde.jpg

IMG_1938_zps657bf646.jpg

IMG_1940_zps6de3bb70.jpg

IMG_1941_zps06a16fc1.jpg

After all of those mods I knew I was going to need a tune, so I made a appointment to have the Ecu Flashed and Tuned By Livengood Motor Sports. I will never take a bike anywhere else besides Livengood Motor Sports, that place, the people, and the service they do is awesome.

110.8 torque and 185.8 hp STD After tune.... and that's with a 190/60/17 rear race tire.

Livengood_zpsf3b323d3.png

dyno_zps1fb1ef09.png

IMG_1982_zpsb2b0f7db.jpg

IMG_1984_zps0fa078fa.jpg

Dyno Video Below.

Hayabusa dyno run and test - YouTube[/url]

So with it now getting dark around 6 I decided to add some A&R HID's and Led Running lights and wow is it as close to riding in the day time as you can get, and while I was under the dash and had the stock wind screen off I decided to throw on the Smoked Double Bubble Windscreen and surprisingly does it not only look good, but it actually directs more air over my head.

IMG_2081_zps84f4dea2.jpg

IMG_2082_zps8fb77b14.jpg

IMG_2083_zps41b08fac.jpg

IMG_2086_zps50ca423c.jpg

IMG_2080_zps32e2df20.jpg

IMG_2084_zps5c0da23e.jpg

IMG_2085_zps40d8a277.jpg

:race: CONTINUED !!! ------> :race:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Finally finished with mods and upgrading my 08 Busa. Well "for now" at least W/(P

:beerchug: Good Job.

:race: continued !!! ------> :race:

:race: CONTINUED !!! ------> :race:

After seeing how fast this SOB was I decided I needed some way to slow down better, so I got some Galfer Front and Rear Stainless Steel Break lines, and while I had the tail off bleeding the lines I was looking on here at the Trunk Mod and thought "hell that doesn't look hard at all" so I proceeded to do it, along with Powder Coating Clutch and Break Levers, Passenger Pegs and Rear Sets.

IMG_2171_zpsfa2e56b0.jpg

IMG_2173_zpsdffc1a69.jpg

IMG_2201_zps57f540e9.jpg

IMG_2202_zps8e02a257.jpg

IMG_2203_zpsbaa1350b.jpg

IMG_2270_zpse2e764aa.jpg

IMG_2271_zps803c0884.jpg

IMG_2272_zps5bfee8b6.jpg

IMG_2273_zpsa203acca.jpg

IMG_2333_zps09b2f7cf.jpg

IMG_2332_zpsa7b2c83d.jpg

IMG_2330_zpscc06a691.jpg

IMG_2248_zpsf9bb8c93.jpg

IMG_2256_zpsb8060acc.jpg

IMG_2257_zpsb08505d1.jpg

IMG_2260_zps1e35abd8.jpg

IMG_2262_zpsde6ce1f3.jpg

IMG_2263_zps05f70915.jpg

IMG_2266_zps589e0cca.jpg

IMG_2327_zps38601511.jpg

IMG_2321_zpsf616baaf.jpg

IMG_2335_zps14fc80a0.jpg

IMG_2337_zpsca07ae40.jpg

AND FINALLY !!!

IMG_2344_zpsc8d29004.jpg

IMG_2346_zps54f1d46a.jpg

IMG_2348_zps9d807c0c.jpg

IMG_2349_zpsea7f54f4.jpg

I have also decided to remove the rear graphics and Smoke the Tail Light & Rear Turn Signals. but haven't took a picture of them yet

Re: Finally finished with mods and upgrading my 08 Busa. Well "for now" at least W/(P

Very nicely done :beerchug:

Zack 007 ,great job ,everything came out real nice,and your right about the stock tires ,at first just how much better i could get the busa to handle until i went for my second set of tires Pirellis, man a differance,went a little overboard and got the OHLINS front and rear suspension setup.Now i have a real handler,not that it was all bad before but it certainly doesent hurt,have a good day.

Nice job. What tires are you using, didn't see where you mentioned that. Good thread too! :beerchug:

Nice job. What tires are you using, didn't see where you mentioned that. Good thread too! :beerchug:

The tires on his bike in the photos are Dunlop Ntec 211GP made in Europe. It appears they are race takeoffs?

Fantastic tires on warm dry days. :thumbsup:

Looks great!

That's one awesome looking orange machine, but I could be biased of course.:laugh:

:bowdown: nice!!!! :beerchug:

very nice job....ive been wanting to do that trunk mod for a while but dont have the courage to start cutting away the fender....:thumbsup:

Thank you

That's one awesome looking orange machine, but I could be biased of course.:laugh:

Thank you

Looks great!

Thank you

The tires on his bike in the photos are Dunlop Ntec 211GP made in Europe. It appears they are race takeoffs?

Fantastic tires on warm dry days. :thumbsup:

Yes Race take offs :drool:

Looking good!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you

Zack 007 ,great job ,everything came out real nice,and your right about the stock tires ,at first just how much better i could get the busa to handle until i went for my second set of tires Pirellis, man a differance,went a little overboard and got the OHLINS front and rear suspension setup.Now i have a real handler,not that it was all bad before but it certainly doesent hurt,have a good day.

Thanks, and yeah I could spin the stock tires for a whole 1/4 mile "LOL I have a video somewhere " and yeah now it corners perfect now. Maybe next year I will get Ohlins suspension and Brembo Brakes, but I will probably Turbo it first....

Very nicely done :beerchug:

Thank you

:beerchug: Good Job.

Thank you

The Front Tire is a Dunlop 209F GP and the Rear Tire is a Dunlop D209 GP-A or Dunlop D211 NTEC.

TheFrontTireisaDunlop209FGPandtheRearTireisaDunlopD209GP-AorD211NTEC_zpsd02d0508.jpg

I get them from a buddy here is his craigslist add:

TIRES 'BRAND NEW' DUNLOP D209F GP'S 120/70-17 $125 INSTALLED

If you or anyone lives in Georgia this is the best deal on tires

Tell him Zack Mayfield sent you.

very nice job....ive been wanting to do that trunk mod for a while but dont have the courage to start cutting away the fender....:thumbsup:

Trust me, take it from me "You Can Mot Mess It Up" lol just use a dremel or a exacto knife and follow the shape. :easy:

lol I have soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much room!

Ver Nice! Always liked the `08 orange.

This was a great write up. thanks for sharing. I think I may give the trunk mod a try now.

Thanks Man! Great Job.......:thumbsup:

Ver Nice! Always liked the `08 orange.

Thanks and yeah The orange is nice but I like the all black too.

This was a great write up. thanks for sharing. I think I may give the trunk mod a try now.

Thanks and you actually wouldn't believe how long it took to make it look good. And yeah you deffinantly have to do the trunk mod its a must, I just rode it today and when I left my house it was a warm out ~ about 65` rode till about dark and stopped by a store on the way home and pulled my hoodie out of there along with a long sleeve shirt and water bottle hahaha.
I also kept my wallet and keys in there to lol. ::11

Thanks Man! Great Job.......:thumbsup:

Thank you

:thumbsup:

Great job Sir :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back