Finally did it !!!

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
yeah yeah yeah i know this is slow for you all.

i've never been up to 100mph. went up to 90 on the harley but that was it. maaannnnn the busa is rock solid and smooooooth.... hit the mark then just coasted down to speed. did it on a road that has no side streets, no driveways, and no oncoming traffic for safety.

ever see that comercial about identity theft with the two old ladies talkin' about motorcycles? "them bikes was fast, tell you what...shoot"

tounge.gif

oh yeah!!! n ah bet that ther bike wuz like "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" and you wuz all "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"
yep, ah reckon u shur had yourself a good time thar, boy.
smile.gif

now, shift to third and see what happens when u nail it at 5grand!!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

just hope you dont peel off all that pretty paint!
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

laugh.gif
That commercial is great...
biggrin.gif

What's so amazing is how smooth the bike is at that speed; you don't feel like you're going 100 and that's what I intend to tell the cops if they catch me doing it
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

just remember, well I like to tell all the kids that like to drive that fast, "if you had to stop quickly at XXX speed, could you?" I tell them get up to 100 miles per hour and try and quickly stop. I do this to get them to put it in their mind that nothing related to stopping happens fast other than a crash at that speed. knowing how long it takes to slow down in an emergency should put it in your mind that there is a time and a place for those speeds. okay off my soap box.:D

just remember, well I like to tell all the kids that like to drive that fast, "if you had to stop quickly at XXX speed, could you?" I tell them get up to 100 miles per hour and try and quickly stop.  I do this to get them to put it in their mind that nothing related to stopping happens fast other than a crash at that speed.  knowing how long it takes to slow down in an emergency should put it in your mind that there is a time and a place for those speeds. okay off my soap box.:D
Aaaah, the first time you see a cop in the triple digits, you learn real fast how quickly you can slow down at that speed
tounge.gif

Aaaah, the first time you see a cop in the triple digits, you learn real fast how quickly you can slow down at that speed[/QUOTE]
Actually,for me it was speed up and get off at the nearest exit!!

Dood. Twist that thing! You really need to experience 175+, then tell us what you think! Actually, it's kind of anti-climatic, bike is still rock solid at hyper-speed, they will surely bend light. Good job on making sure the road is hyper-speed worthy, I think most of us who run in the triple digits only have a few inspected areas that will do. Also, remember your pre & post-flight inspections, got to throw an eyeball on the important parts each and every time you suspect a trip into the twilight zone may be a possibility. I'm not even going to start my rant about gear.....this ain't no harley. This high speed thing is like a bad viruis, once ya got it, tough to get rid of....

THE GOOD: Way to go! New milestone in your life. Sounds like you felt pretty good about it!

THE BAD: busa only doing REAL 91 when speedo hits 100
biggrin.gif

THE UGLY: ADDICTION! You really can get used to, or NUMB to high speed. 100 [strait up on the dial] is my FAVORITE normal cruising speed - though I rarely find the wide empty spaces to do it

These bikes are different for everyone. Use it however YOU feel like it.
smile.gif

Now you are going to do it all the time,why??? Because you can and 2 because it is so darn fun. there is a straight strech like that on my way home.( Itake the long way home of course)Dude in mommys minivan wanted to race me last night.He actually got it to 110. Then I shut her down.She wanted to keep "playing"I call it.You will find Dodge Hemi pickups will want to race you too.Its pretty funny.Just because they have a hemi they think they are gonna git ya .Nope!

busa_full_right.jpg

Back