First Gear Top Off

busabutter

Registered
No traffic on the highway. Decided to do some speed runs and really open her up. 120mph in first gear? Is that right? That is what it was indicating.

I have never open it up like I did today. Never had the chance with traffic and all. But today there was no one on the road and I couldn't believe how quickly I got above 100mph. I mean quick.

Love this machine. No wonder they haven't changed it in alomost 10 years.

From what I read the Stock gearing is good for about 89mph in first gear. If you have altered the gearing the Speedo is most likely vastly out of calibration, as they were never close to start with. A speedohealer would correct this. I would think 120 in first gear would be way out of the park though. You'd be frying your clutch to get it going in first gear if it were truly geared that high. Just my .02 cents worth.
beerchug.gif

So I may be going slower than I think. I was wondering sometimes why mini vans and other vehichles pass me on the highway. And the radar speed indicators that cops put out on the side of the road they always show a slower speed than what my speedo says.

Where do I get a speedo healer? What is it exactly.

if it was indicating that your front wheel would be in the air if not the entire bike laying on top of you...so I would say you were in second or the speedo if just way off. speedohealer will fix it right up or at least make it closer to reality.
beerchug.gif

Back