Fight of my life

landmissle

Registered
Today the court appointed custody evaluator comes out to look my home over and see how I interact with my 17 month old daughter.

I'm having to drag my ex-girlfriend thru court to get fair time with my daughter. What a PIA but hopefully worth it!

Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

03_20_07_Gracie.jpg

Good luck!
Courts aren't easy on the men. I hope you have a great lawyer.

She's a darling!

My wingman is going through the same thing! Stay with it and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Dude i just went through it a couple years back. Cost me every bit of money i could get my hands on. BUT i ended up with my kids, and the house. and trust me in Florida at least that's a feat, courts are very biased to the mother. As a dad the cards were not in my favor!

So hope all goes well for ya. it's a living nightmare...

best of luck to ya brotha!!! u have a beautiful lil girl!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world. Sounds like you're talking joint custody; visitation rights. I assume you're paying child support. My lawyer and another lawyer I know personally told me I would be pissing in the wind in SC and in the end my almost 18 year old daughter would have been asked to choose. I couldn't do it based on those facts.

Prayers are with you Bro...Just food for thought, I have been thru what you are about to deal with..Some courts actually do side with the father. but make no mistake this is a tough battle "Good Luck" and get a good family attorney as they can negotiate the the process ie: madness of the justice system. I have had my son now for about six years, he is 17yr old and I would do it again....

It's cheaper to have the mothers removed from the planet ... from what I read in a magazine once a long long time ago...

Wishing you the best. +1 on you having a good lawyer.

--Wag--

In GA I am thinking you would have to prove the mother unfit. That in itself is a nightmare. I think she has to be sleeping with 5 guys at once while running a meth lab. The laws are ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. I'm a father, and a good one. If something were to happen and I were to be divorced I would fight with all I have to have my kids. At the very least I would be sure that I had equal custody. I would also see what could be done in terms of the the distance in which my children could live from me. If I had to travel any more than 30 min to see my girls I would go insane. I have to see them and tell them I love em every day.

My prayers are with ya bro.

You know, when I hear stuff like this it really pisses me off. With all the deadbeat fathers around who don't do shiite for their children, you would think that this woman would be more than happy to allow you any and as much time as you want with your daughter. A lot of the problems we have with children today can be directly attributed to single-parent homes. Not only that, but exposing them to the drama that goes along with the custody. I really believe that the laws should be upgraded to allow men more rights. After all, they are quick to want to pick your a$$ up and take you to jail for nonpayment of child support, so why not pass legislation to allow fathers the opportunity to prove himself as a dedicated parent.

As the saying goes: "Any man with a d!ck can make a baby and be called a daddy.... but only a real man can take care of his kids and be called a father..."

Back