Fiamm replacement horns

im2fast4uguys

Registered
<span style='color:darkblue'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><div align="left">[/Quote]<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span>

Hello to all .... I'm new to the board. Let me introduce myself...My name is Chris and I'm from Wales, but now living in Connecticut,U.S.A....I've had my busa for just over a year and I've made a few mods to it.... but I'm disappointed with the stock horn...I want to fit a twin "Fiamm" type horn but wasn't able to locate a place where they could fit....any suggestions???....Also, is the horn switch to earth or to positive?...Do I need a relay?

Thanks in advance Guys....Anyone near me wanna meet up sometime ??

im2fast4uguys,

The twin horn setup is sweet. ICEMANN did a write-up on this a little over a year ago. I put mine in in the nose section facing slightly down, and forward.

I don't remember the positive/ground thing, but the use of a relay is recommended. The FIAMM kit I bought had all the stuff.

Good luck.

The relay is pretty straight forward. Take horn pos and neg wires and make them longer to reach up behind the instrument cluster in the nose section. Holding so pin 30 is at the bottom and pin 87 is at top.

GROUND WIRE FROM HORN WIRES. connect to the right pin ( I think it's 86) on the relay and should also connect to pin 30 at the bottom as well as to the neg input on the compressor. Hook the POSITIVE WIRE FROM HORN WIRES to the left pin on the relay (I think it's 85). All that remains is the top pin #87 take it to the compressors pos input.

so with pos horn wire on left and neg on right and bottom, when the horn button is pushed the relay energizes and sends a steady positive out of the top pin 87 to the compressor.

Hope that helps.

Wow I'm going out to do this mod right now! Thanx Iceman...the direction that come with them really blow.

PJ

Mannn I have a crappy relay....doesn't work. Thanx again for the instructions though.

So what's the best place to get a FIAMM dual air horn kit?

pep boys, autozone, wallmart, ODDLOTS etc.

Fiamm, blazer, their all about the same.  Standard 2 or 3 or 5 horn air horn set up with short horns.

LISTEN HERE

Another brand to look for.

WOLO

Dont pay more than $29-$39.

ICE

Back