Federal Govt standoff with Nevada rancher, what say you?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Right or wrong? Has right to graze his cattle on 'federal land' or should he pay his 'fair share' in fees to do that? Family been there since 1877 make a difference? No matter who is right or wrong it seems to have grown its own head and become something which destiny seems to be controlling. I don't see it ending well with militias mobilizing and moving in to 'defend and protect' the Bundys. It seems they are not wanting to allow another Waco or Ruby Ridge type situation.

Militias head to Nevada rancher's standoff with feds: We're not 'afraid to shoot' - Washington Times

There are from what I understand Fracking and mineral rights the govt is using on this so called land?
There has got to be more to it than grazing fees and tortoise saving.....?

Won't end well. Ruby Ridge, Branch Davidians of Waco.......

I was trying to think of the name of a right of way created by prior use even though it may not have been agreed on. Closest thing I could find was this:

Easement by prior use[edit]
A sells the front lot, but forgets to get an easement for driveway access.

A sells the front lot, but forgets to get an easement for driveway access.
An easement may also be created by prior use. Easements by prior use are based on the idea that land owners can intend to create an easement, but forget to include it in the deed.

I don't know squat, but if he owes the government for grazing his cattle then he needs to pay up like everyone else. The feds need to back down before they slaughter another set of Americans.

Being an American doesn't mean we can do what we want , it means we can do what we want within the law.

Tortoise , exactly why the EPA needs an extreme downsizing.

Like I said I don't know anything about this deal, or what's legal

Claims he has "historical rights".

These people claimed the same thing

North_American_Indians_Map.jpg

Didn't work out so well for them :whistle:

North_American_Indians_Map.jpg

it sounds like this guy is fighting to use federal land for grazing his own cattle. (well, yea, it is much cheeper to raise cattle on someone elses land than your own.)

he had a grazing lease in the past.

the feds (most likely BLM) changed the usage of the land. (for what ever reason. turtles, future land trades or sales, mineral production, what ever.)

he is mad about it and is refusing to move his livestock off public lands no longer open to grazing leases.

did I miss anything? ???

I have no idea how he got the "militas" involved. :eh:

From what I gather of the matter is the law is not on the Rancher's side. This is not new, this feud has been going on for 25 years. Stated with the now dead dad contesting payment to the Federal Government way back. If I understand it correctly the Bundy's pay the state of Nevada but refuse to pay the feds. Now the feds are closing in and using the funky little turtle as an excuse. I hope no one is dumb enough to carry a firearm into the mix and end up with dead bodies.

I don't know the source of the video, but things that made me wonder; obviously the unrestrained use of force, The seemingly new vehicles, new uniforms, new web gear, new weapons, and number of dogs. It almost appeared to me that these are mercs vs. BLM. I 'm no conspiracy theorist and those that follow me, know that. But that video, not the reporting understand but what I observed. :dunno:

The guys doing the video saw the same stuff. Another question, is all the violence put upon these citizens and no one was arrested ??? Big use of force lawsuit (s). Just crazy.

Supposedly made threats and seem to be willing to interfere with a constitutionally protected free press. WOW

James Yeager on the right...ex cop / swat / blackwater

a lot are heading out

Last edited by a moderator:
Might end up being Blackwater on Blackwater. This should be a real good move for the upcoming elections. Firing Sebelius just isn't gonna fix their problems.

water rights...oil and mineral rights...52 ranchers and he is only one left....real estate brokers chiming in on the military offers for his land ect ect ect...there is SOOO MUCH MORE TO THIS than you know ... oh yea and BLM and their ties to harry Reid and his Chinese investors too.

This is a local event and the rancher doesn't have much support from the regional cattlemen associations or the state of Nevada. The courts have continuously ruled against him and BLM finally has a judgement. I suspect his best action would be trying to obtain a court ordered stay, not encouraging an armed confrontation. It will just not end well and sedition charges may come into play.

The local news entities have reported arrests, advance threats of violence by the family, etc...but we all know how media reports are slanted depending on what side you are on. As already mentioned, he does not have court rulings on his side at this point. Here's a few links to local media with related story links within.

Former BLM director gives insight into Nevada cattle battle | KSL.com

BLM holsters plan to sell seized cattle in Utah | The Salt Lake Tribune

Bagley Cartoon: A Bunch of Bull | The Salt Lake Tribune

Back