Features I Though Would Be Common Now On Motorcycles

Especially for the price they are asking for that bike.

That's why I think it's better to let people like Frank do the monster engines. I bet Suzuki and Kawasaki would agree. Powerhouse is going to get a select audience for a 400 HP street bike. Limited number of examples and those buyers are looking for something special and formidable. A guy buys a Suzuki out of a showroom and they think the bike will take care of them. As dumb as that sounds..........

Self cancelling turn signals should be a no brainer. My 04 softail had them so surely the other manufacturers could put them on at little to no cost, also, why they can't put an accurate speedo on there when wheels And gears are stock is beyond me. The gps speedo would be ok but if your changing gears etc I think you should be responsible for your own fix.

Self cancelling turn signals should be a no brainer .

My 04 soft tail had them
so surely the other manufacturers
could put them on at little to no cost,
also, why they can't put an accurate speedometer on there
when wheels and gears are stock is beyond me .

The global positioning sensor speedometer would be OK~
but if your changing gears etc .
I think you should be responsible for your own fix .

I like your kind of thinking. All great stuff that should be and maybe someday soon.

Are there any features you thought would be common on motorcycles but haven't caught on?

1. Electrically shifted automatic transmissions. Almost all cars have the option for auto or manual shifting. I expected to see bikes with push button shifters on the left bar. Especially on touring bikes. A computer would adjust shift rpm and maybe the would be tied into ride modes?

2. Inertial brake lights. These are operated by g's automatically. They would also flash when the bike is stopped like at a light.

3. GPS speedometers.

4. Automatically canceled turn indicators.

5. Helmet mounted brake lights and lighted clothes.

6. More OEM bikes with dragster aesthetics. MV's dragster is the only one I can think of.

7. A good, lite cool suit or vest.

8. Auto oiling, enclosed chains on sport touring & adventure bikes.

9. Easy to adjust foot pegs. Pull a pin and move them back & forth, up down; etc. You can do it at a gas stop with no tools.

10. Fat "foot" on kick stands so they are more steady on dirt or gravel.

11. Bike to Bike com system with an open connect feature. Ride by someone and you can temporarily talk to them.

Back