Favorite Tires for Corners

Rock Doctor

Registered
Like to KNOW what you think is the best tires for your Busa.. I am looking at all of the ads and why not ask you!! Going Straight is not a problem, but I want a rear tire that will help me corner! 2004 Limited is my ride.. thanks!

Bridgestone makes a few great tires.. BT016 , BT002RS, BT003RS
Pirelli Corsa3
Dunlop Qualifiers

not a bad one in that group IMO..

the Pilot 2 ct.. my son just got them for his R1! sorry it took so long.. started watching a little football.. thanks again.. i just want the best and i could already corner on his bike better than mine

I was very happy with the 2CT's on my 07 Busa..ran the stock size. The new busa still has the stock tires

I have tried a lot of tires on my Busa. My favorite one by far is the Bridgestone Battlax BT016's. I LOVE them!! They are easy for my to warm up, wear pretty even, bugger up REAL nice, stick to pavement like glue and last me a little longer than anything else I have tried. (They also leave nice little darkie strips when you come out of corners :cheerleader:)

If you don't care about mileage I'd have to say Metzeler M3's or Pilot Powers.. Personally I run a Pilot Road 2ct rear and Pilot Power front.. great combo - decent life and great grip.

Stay away from Dunlop qualifiers on big bikes liek the Busa, they cup terribly on the front.

If you don't care about mileage I'd have to say Metzeler M3's or Pilot Powers.. Personally I run a Pilot Road 2ct rear and Pilot Power front.. great combo - decent life and great grip.

Stay away from Dunlop qualifiers on big bikes liek the Busa, they cup terribly on the front.
they do?

So far I'm a Conti man I loved the sport attacks, and I'm liking the road attacks I'm running now. Didn't care for the M3's, and the bt016's I had always seemed like the front was gonna wash out.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have tried a lot of tires on my Busa. My favorite one by far is the Bridgestone Battlax BT016's. I LOVE them!! They are easy for my to warm up, wear pretty even, bugger up REAL nice, stick to pavement like glue and last me a little longer than anything else I have tried. (They also leave nice little darkie strips when you come out of corners :cheerleader:)

:shocked:

Cupping is almost always related to suspension. Give your rebound a few extra clicks and your cupping problem will most likely go away.

the Pilot 2 ct.. my son just got them for his R1! sorry it took so long.. started watching a little football.. thanks again.. i just want the best and i could already corner on his bike better than mine

Michelin's Pilot Powers and 2ct's were the hot tire a few years ago but are now old school. Lots better choices available now.

Personally, I think Dunlops Q2's may be the hot tire for the up coming season. The original Qualifier was a GREAT tire and still is. The Upgraded multicompound Q2 is the tire to keep your eye on! :beerchug:

Depends on how hard you ride, I had zero problems from Continental Road Attacks and between knee dragging paces and being goofy on the throttle sometimes they stood faithfully behind me every time. Great price and great tire life, odds are I'm going to try them on my Buell when the time comes.

I tried a set of Pilot Power 2CTs and had great results also and pretty good life from them. Regular Powers are a single compound tire, 2CTs are the same tire but in a dual compound with sides that are equal to medium Pilot Races. Life where you need it, great traction where you need it. Best of both worlds.

Back