Fatty Pipes

black07busa

Registered
I'm new to the busa, and came across a company selling their version of the shorty exhaust. I know captain mentions that someone on ebay is making a killing on selling exhaust tips, but I wanted to know if these seem different from just tips. They have a nice looking baffle inside, similar to an exhaust. They also come in a nice looking black finish, which I like becase I want to keep my bike all black.
Here is a link to their site.
The Fatty Pipes Website

IMG_4807handclear.png

8555_1.jpg

Last edited:
1st off,be prepared for them to be loud. Haven't heard of a quiet tip yet.

Hedman Hot Tips Chrome Exhaust Tips - JEGS is a much cheaper alternative to go and is the ones you see "Lord homofluffagus" on eBay selling for $250-300 a pair.

Is that particular style worth it to you? Some neighbors might not like you after you install them. Officers might give you a ticket for illegal exhaust. Most places they are illegal.

Not trying to talk you out of them,but rather giving you a "Heads-up" of what to possibly expect.

I've had stubby type exhaust and while at first I was tickled pink with them,the sound got to me. If you ride with friends,they might desire you to ride in the back of the pack. Hardly a fitting place for the Busa. :laugh:

You can pull your mufflers and mid pipes off and drive around a little bit and that will give you an idea of how its going to sound. Stubbies won't be much quieter.

A set are for sale right now. Reason he is selling is they are "to Loud" ...
fatty pipes - Hayabusa Classifieds

Taking of the factory mufflers is a good idea to figuring out how loud they are going to be, I think I will try it this afternoon when I get home. The ones I was looking at seem to have a baffle, and about 1" of insulation around them. I'm not sure but I am going to ask the them how they are constructed. The other types I have seen have a baffle pressed against the interior of the pipe which does'nt really offer much baffling, like the ones below.

mail.jpg

Last edited:
if those are like the ones I have (they look like it anyways) they have a metal baffle wrapped with fiberglass packing on the inside. Mine are actually not crazy stupid loud. Not quiet by any means but I wear earplugs on all the bikes anyways, but it isn't as loud as some brocks systems and stuff that i have been around.

if those are like the ones I have (they look like it anyways) they have a metal baffle wrapped with fiberglass packing on the inside. Mine are actually not crazy stupid loud. Not quiet by any means but I wear earplugs on all the bikes anyways, but it isn't as loud as some brocks systems and stuff that i have been around.

I assume you are talking about the one pictured above, with the person holding the tip. I really like the no exhaust look but "Strife" raised a good point about it being "to loud" with just tips, but I think I found a solution. What brand do you have?

Last edited:
Came across some options as far as silencers. One you have to adjust by and and the other is self adjustable. The self asjustable one is pricy, but way cool. As the exhaust pressure increases it pushes on the spring and opens up the exhaust. That way it only gets loud when you get on it.

3_5asilencer.jpg

APX-155-A025.jpg

Last edited:
my boz brothers b2 ehaust is short, has a baffle and a silencer, and both can be remover with just 1 screw for the drag strip...when you put them back it tames it about 7 decibles

i had a set . WHOH!!! they are hella loud . i took them off and sold them . just be prepared.

Came across some options as far as silencers. One you have to adjust by and and the other is self adjustable. The self asjustable one is pricy, but way cool. As the exhaust pressure increases it pushes on the spring and opens up the exhaust. That way it only gets loud when you get on it.

Where did you find the one that is self (pressure) adjusting? I would like to see if I could fab that into my Voodoo. Too dam loud for me. It was cool at first but got old real quick!
Shawn

1st off,be prepared for them to be loud. Haven't heard of a quiet tip yet.

Hedman Hot Tips Chrome Exhaust Tips - JEGS is a much cheaper alternative to go and is the ones you see "Lord homofluffagus" on eBay selling for $250-300 a pair.

Is that particular style worth it to you? Some neighbors might not like you after you install them. Officers might give you a ticket for illegal exhaust. Most places they are illegal.

Not trying to talk you out of them,but rather giving you a "Heads-up" of what to possibly expect.

I've had stubby type exhaust and while at first I was tickled pink with them,the sound got to me. If you ride with friends,they might desire you to ride in the back of the pack. Hardly a fitting place for the Busa. :laugh:

You can pull your mufflers and mid pipes off and drive around a little bit and that will give you an idea of how its going to sound. Stubbies won't be much quieter.

A set are for sale right now. Reason he is selling is they are "to Loud" ...
fatty pipes - Hayabusa Classifieds

I want to try that hedman tip on the link like that "Lord Homo" guy. Do you know what inlet size fits the Gen II busa? 2.00", 2.25" or 2.50" Thanks.

get yourself a dash pot, hook it to a rotary baffle. high vacuum condition, low/part throttle, the baffle's closed, get on it, baffle snaps open.

Blackbusa did you install those fattys? How did they work out and sound for you and did you put silencers in them?

I want to try that hedman tip on the link like that "Lord Homo" guy. Do you know what inlet size fits the Gen II busa? 2.00", 2.25" or 2.50" Thanks.

The busa has a 1.5" exhaust. You need the 2" inlet tip and then a 2"x1.5" exhaust pipe reducer(s)

I put a set on my busa they sound great, not too loud if u think they r maybe you should check ur hearing. They sound/like brocks if u heard those. I love em they look great, but I wander if they can burn ur valves? Air/fuel mixture may be too lean, gonna get PC tree tune. Great pipes so far
Posted via Mobile Device

:moon: my hubby got a set of pipes for his 14(300 bucks) and they are so crappy first they didnt fit and only the tips are chrome the rest is just plane old pipe and when call to return them they told they dont take return if he token them out of the box so be carefully after you get them you are on your own or so we was :cheerleader:

Let me start by saying i love this site im new to this site but im not new to dealing with fatty pipes.On march 31st i ordered pipes may 21 get theses ridicolous black pipes that dont fit they where spray painted black and they looked like they cost 25 dollars to make.I sent them back the owner didnt reply to any of my 300 calls over a month finally i tell my bank to reverse the charges the owner files a complaint issiac rodriguez with bank and reverses 340.00 back from my account and says to bank i never sent them back.Im still calling this guy its sept 9 2011 this guy is a crook and a liar all i want is my money back!I sent them proof from post office that i sent the package back and still no response you can register a complaint with the bbb but it wont do any good.Theyre not recongized by them i suggest we all get together and file a class action law suit these guys are the worst bussiness men on the planet!Don't buy from them no matter what they say in the mean time for all you members who are not getting a response from this guy here is his personal number call him everyday till he gives you your money back i have several numbers for his sales associates to.Lets give these crooks what they got coming to them.......

issac rodriguez owner 559 759 8544
elli salesmen 559 329 7938
eli cell 559 430 4584

These pipes r cheaply made and over priced i hope no one on this site or in the motorcycle industry has to deal with this......

WOW!!! There are a lot people complaining about Fatty Pipes on just this site... What does that tell you...???

Back