Fairing screens on Ebay

cutter

Donating Member
Registered
For those of you looking for fairing screens on ebay just a small warning. I purchased some from hope1971 because they were advertised as being fitted for the Hayabusa. What I received were unformed rectangular pieces of aluminum screen. They would not refund my money plus return shipping and left false negative feedback.

To give you some idea of the mentality here is a quote from the dispute dialog:

"I have sold HUNDREDS of these grill sets and no one has complained about the installation not being simple one buyer tols me his 10 year old installed them for him while he was
at work."  
wow.gif

Wow, that 10 year old must be a real prodigy!

/End of rant

I did the same thing..... the guys an ####### and should be banned from ebay for false advertising.

I almost bought some last night on Ebay.I got a bad feeling about them just looking at them and decided to pass.Scammers will say/do almost anything for a few lousey dollars....fockersssss

If you are going to buy them on Ebay, I recommend Clark Customs. The plain ones are like 35.00 and the chrome ones are around 70.00. They are preformed and come with instructions. That's where I got mine.

I'll second the Clark Customs for those of us too lazy to cut an bend them ourselves. My set from Clark fit flawlessly, including the 2 exta nose pieces I had them make.

Didn't he have pics of them?
When I bought mine, I knew that the pieces were just rectangular... but that was OK by me.
I didn't buy it from that seller though... someone else,

I spent $15 on materials and made my own. But some gutter guard and goop. A little more work required but cheaper.

I checked his auction, and in all fairness, he never says they are preformed. I looked at his feedback and there are four comments from buyers who say that the screens come flat. In a feedback response, they say that the screens are cut to be formed for the hayabusa. Not sure if you checked the feedback before you purchased, but if not - always a good idea.

Just my .02

I scrolled through a couple pages of feedback and nothing jumped out at me. Some of the recent negative comments were posted after my purchase. Nevertheless I still maintain the auction was deceptive.

Auctions less than $25 are not eligible for dispute resolution/buyer protection.

It's interesting what a different perspective does for you. I also bought mine from Hope1971. I was emailed tracking information within 24 hours of paying, and got them for 14.95 and free shipping. I would have been pleasantly surprised if the grilles were pre-shaped, but overall I was happy with the transaction.

Back