Fair price for extended warranty?

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
Busa turns 1 year old on April 1st. After kicking the idea around I decided on getting the extended warranty.

Looking around on the net I found the cheapest was from a seller on ebay for $460.00. Appeared to be a legit dealer but who knows? Plus ya got to send paper work back and forth to someone you've never dealt with a 1000 miles away.

Called the dealer where I bought my bike from today and they wanted the standard $630.00. Told them what I found it for on the net and after some haggling and whining got him down to $500 even...done deal.

Just curious if this is in the ballpark of what everyone else is paying?

this sounds about right. i have yet 2 seal with a suzuki dealership. but the bike im gettting, its warrenty runs up and it looks 2 b that price for the extended. i do know the yamaha extended warranty is $499. so yea, $500 is good.

Sounds ok to me Turbo...
biggrin.gif

My anniversary is coming up on March 13th, but I don't think I can go ahead and get an extended warranty now that I've done all my mods to the bike (exhaust, pair, airbox, pcIII). Oh well, she's run great up until this point, and I've always thought if something serious is gonna go wrong it's gonna go wrong within the first year.

Paid $499 for mine from the dealer. 4yr/unlimited mile Suzuki warranty but is administered by GE.... yet to use it. You know the rule, if you get one, nothing will happen, if you don't, the bike will blow up a day after the factory warranty runs out...
wink.gif

I've heard about that GE warranty. Is there anything different about it vs. the Suzuki one?
Does it extend it 3 years or 4?
I don't like how Suzuki states it's a 48 month warranty when in fact you only get an extra 36 months over your original warranty. Kinda shady marketing there imo.

The bikes been fine and has never seen the dealer since I bought it. I also do all my own work but the fact that I don't have to worry about it for the next 3 years plus factoring in the price of parts (which is never cheap on a bike) it's well worth the peace of mind.

I also inquired about performance parts and they said as long as the part does not contribute to the failure there's no problem. If you have a good dealer that knows you there probably wouldn't be any hassles. Of course if its a shop with a bunch of jerks they'll screw you over.
smile.gif

TT- mine is a suzuki extended warranty...ya, it is kind of a rip that you really only get 36 months. I think it's misleading that Suzuki doesn't actually administer the program, GE does. Only reason I got it was for the big $ items, I do all my own work also. Just didn't know if this ultra performance unit was going to be temperamental or not. Turns out not....

Back