Factory Stock Exhaust

HomicidalOctopus

Registered
I've replaced my stock cans for an aftermarket set. What do yall do with the factory stuff afterwards? Keep and store it? Discard or sell?

This is my first time having the option and Im unsure what to do. The factory Gen 3 stuff is massive and generally just in my way in the garage now. Trying to figure out if I should make time to store it long term or not.

Advise me brothers!

Thank yall, Ride safe

Most of the stuff you might want to switch to aftermarket including forks, will fit in a single large storage bin ...like a 36 incher. The stock exhaust, plug the midpipes, tie some rope on it and hang it from the ceiling. I have hung onto all my OEM parts in case that makes the bike more appealing for sale. You'll get more for your aftermarket stuff if you sell it separately from the bike.

of course, if you don't ever sell the bike, you have a large bin of parts to hold onto all your life.

I chucked out the factory exhausts once I went to aftermarket. Like you, they were getting in my way and as they weigh a lot, they were a PITA to move around...I put them out for bulk pick up at the curb.

Back