Stock Busa Sprocket question

tinmann840

Registered
What size is the stock sprocket on a 2004 Hayabusa? I just bought a set of chrome wheels and included was a 41 tooth sprocket for the rear wheel. What affect would this have o performance or is it the one that come from factory?

17T front, 40T rear.
Right, and as for performance enhancement from a 41t rear... you'll prolly never feel it. That's very little gear change...
wink.gif

What size is the stock sprocket on a 2004 Hayabusa? I just bought a set of chrome wheels and included was a 41 tooth sprocket for the rear wheel. What affect would this have o performance or is it the one that come from factory?
little quiker acceleration
little less top speed
worse gas miliage
perhaps a little longer chain life
less accurate speedo(it could be off by 7% at the factory) now its out even more

yadda yadda yadda

Cause i didn't need it anymore. Its an aluminum sprocket and looks nicer than stock so thought i'd GIVE it to him and if he didn't want it he could get 30-40 bucks out of it. Other than that whoever said you'ld have less top speed is wrong. If your bike is pretty much stock you won't pull redline anyway so with 1 tooth less on the back you won't see any mph difference. It could actually help you slightly. Any other questions???

It also was a great deal on some Chrome wheels . CandyBusa ? Okay I get it . Your HOK paint scheme . And it does look better than the stock sproc .
I think I'm going to run with it since I'm not trying to break any land speed records right now. And did I mention it was a GREAT DEAL. Pat is....DA MAN , THE SHIZNIT , THE DEALMISTER.. and all around mild mannered nice guy until you venture into the SMACK TALK ZONE ...man you don't want to go there
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif

If your bike is pretty much stock you won't pull redline anyway so with 1 tooth less on the back you won't see any mph difference. It could actually help you slightly. Any other questions???
I thought he said it was a 41 (+1) rear sprocket?
rock.gif
Either way, as I said already I didn't figure he'd feel much, if any difference.
wink.gif

If your bike is pretty much stock you won't pull redline anyway so with 1 tooth less on the back you won't see any mph difference. It could actually help you slightly. Any other questions???
rock.gif
Either way, as I said already I didn't figure he'd feel much, if any difference.
wink.gif
oops , guess this is why we should proof read before hitting the add reply button
sad.gif

OK, with one tooth added to the back...........

It also was a great deal on some Chrome wheels . CandyBusa ? Okay I get it . Your HOK paint scheme . And it does look better than the stock sproc .
I think I'm going to run with it since I'm not trying to break any land speed records right now. And did I mention it was a GREAT DEAL. Pat is....DA MAN , THE SHIZNIT , THE DEALMISTER.. and all around mild mannered nice guy until you venture into the SMACK TALK ZONE ...man you don't want to go there
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
Tinmann- I'm glad your happy. As far as the smack talk thats Pat Dietrich over there, I'm CandyBusa, thats my OTHER personality
evil.gif
laugh.gif

The reason i used a 41 tooth sprocket is because with the dry shot I can run 167 mph through the 1/4. 168 is hitting the limiter in 4th on my bike with a 11,400 redline. As you know, I got the rc component wheels and can't use the stock sprockets anymore, just thought i'd throw you in something to be a nice guy. I can be nice ( just not in smack talk
biggrin.gif
) Anyway, if you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. I won't jump down your throat,promise.
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif
wink.gif
oops , guess this is why we should proof read before hitting the add reply button
sad.gif

OK, with one tooth added to the back...........
Ok, I'm clear now. Thanks.
beerchug.gif

? gonna do a 43 for the rear on my 07 whats the diff on doing a 520 525 530 chain. why is there diff set ups. gonna grabe new front and rear and chain. so i'll have my stock ser up gears and chain. and have the 43 rear set up gears and chain.

? gonna do a 43 for the rear on my 07  whats the diff on doing a 520 525 530 chain. why is there diff set ups. gonna grabe new front and rear and chain. so i'll have my stock ser up gears and chain. and have the 43 rear set up gears and chain.
Stick with the 530,The busa has alot of power and a lesser size chain would not be as strong.A dirt bike uses a 520 chain if that will give you some prospective on the topic.

Thanks mike, you have any thoughts on doing the alluminum or steel gears. And if so same on front and rear or one steel, one alluminum. Any brands you could speak for too. Thanks for your time bro.

I would go steel at least in the frt. and dont go smaller than 16.

btw
welcome.gif
to the org.

you should post up some pics for us
ThumbsUp.gif

16/43 for me. gas milege is....well...not so good, but gas milege isnt why we have these, right?
beerchug.gif

You'll get her on 1 a lot easier! Just dont forget, your speedo and odo will be off.

Back