Factory exhaust

Short answer is no. Long answer depends on what you mean by performance. You can gut the cans and that will be louder, doubt you'll get more power and maybe less. I've seen people cut the cans down, not sure what that would do. People dramatically underestimate the complexity of an exhaust and it's doubtful you can improve it without the assistance of a dyno and a lot of time. Just my opinion though.

I modded a pair of stock cans for my 06 by removing the beauty covers from the tips, drilling nine 1/2” holes thru the first baffle plate, three between each rivet. Then, with a 12” drill bit, reached into the second baffle plate and drilled three or four (can’t remember) more 1/2” holes. I ran it w/o the beauty plate but preferred the look of it so I put it back on. It sounded great, low and throaty going slow but really grunted up high. I toured with them once and preferred hearing the stock cans so I could better hear the motor as it wound up. Dynoed almost five hp lower than stock but I couldn’t feel the difference. They’re so easy to switch I change them off and on just to hear them again. Nice throaty rumble but not enough to wake up the police, unless of course, I’m pinning it!:race::D

Gen1 or Gen2? I've seen guys mod gen1 mufflers but don't recall anybody bothering to with the monster cans on the Gen2?

Back