F.N.G.

damn...all these poor tail sections getting reduced to nothing...and I am searching to enlarge my trunk space.... lol

What in the hell??!! Is that what it takes to get rid of the fende?
No, not really. That is an option though, not one I liked as it required too much cutting for my taste. Stainless though.

As for the lowered rear suspension, if it's actually lowered significantly your looking at buying new dog bones or adjusting the bones you have to return it to it's original ride height. Otherwise if the collar has been spun up to the top on the shock all thats really been done is remove all the pre-load.

Easy enough to fix, you need a spanner wrench or a drift and hammer, and a way to unload the rear suspension. With the rear unloaded, loosen the top nut on the shock and just start cranking your spring down. Your Looking for 183mm from the center of the bottom coil to the middle of your adjustment ring. That's the stock setting and good place to start.

Welcome to the board.

Rev

Welcome to the maddness...
beerchug.gif

...and uh yeah pics are a must round here....
tounge.gif
I was waiting for you to say that one
biggrin.gif
hey.. I wouldn't wanna disappoint...
wink.gif
cool.gif

So just yell at me if I should start using the search buttone but why when i have all these quick answers
smile.gif

I would like to get the clear turns for the front. Where is the best place to get them at? Also What do people do with the rear turns? Fender eliminator?
PM StreetnTrack and/or GoldenChild. They are site sponsors and can hook a brutha up!

Welcome to the board.  I too live in da couve.  If you would like I could come over and help adjust the suspension if needed.  Golden Child is a good source for busa parts new and used.  His shop is down in Canby, so local for some of us.  As for the rear fender, I used a dremel and file on my Bandit. PM me if you have any questions.

<!--EDIT|Rockin C Racing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130445022 -->

Congrats! Welcome to the madness!

I was going to recommend a chainsaw for the rear fender........but it seems you have already gotten some "other" advice:p
Anything you need to know about your new ride can be found here. Anything.
Great folks, great info.
You ever decide to run over my way, let me know. I am planning a 2.5 day 950 mile ride thru Oregon next July...you are welcome to tag along.
Enjoy your new ride. Just be careful with the right wrist!
biggrin.gif

Congrats!  Welcome to the madness!  

I was going to recommend a chainsaw for the rear fender........but it seems you have already gotten some "other" advice:p
Anything you need to know about your new ride can be found here.  Anything.
Great folks, great info.  
You ever decide to run over my way, let me know.  I am planning a 2.5 day 950 mile ride thru Oregon next July...you are welcome to tag along.
Enjoy your new ride.  Just be careful with the right wrist!
biggrin.gif
Sounds like a plan. I would like to get a few long runs in next year. I plan on taking a trip down to reno also.

Back