extra v1 laying around

mcneece

Registered
i stumbled across a spare valentine1 laying around my house and figured why not. anyone got any pictures of a v1 mounted on a gen1 busa. i was looking at a few options, but nothing seems to work...atop the rez caps, above the speedo, etc is all too tight of a fit. i may have to get the concealed display, but the problem remains where the unit itself should be mounted. ideas?

I put mine above the speedo in the nose of the windshield. The suction cups will stick. Rode from Eastern CT to South Jersey like that with no problems. It kinda blocks the speedo, but if you were worried about that you wouldn't be mounting the V1:laugh:

Do you use a tank-bag?

I have mine velcro'd to the top of my Cortech, which I use every time I ride.

Each time I'm done riding, I disconnect the power cord, and off the whole unit comes when I grab the pack.

Here's a pic of the top of my tank bag (near the aft of the pack, where the field of protection seemed highest), and the remote on Wasabi's 'dashboard.'

I couldn't figure out where to put mine, either, but once you use it you'll know...NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT. :whistle:

Good luck!

V1.jpg

V1 Remote.jpg

Wasabi's Parking Spot @ Work.jpg

I put mine in the map window of my tank bag. I never leave the tank bag on my bike unattended, so the V1 comes with me when I go into a store of food joint. I unplug on wire. The concealed display is mounted to the bike with a switched power cord.

i want one of those 2 head laser jamming units. little buggers are pretty rad.

Back