Extensions issue, swingarm tweaked form factory?

ForceTA308

Registered
I'm in the process of installing a set of extensions. This issue is not due to the extensions, they're extremely high quality and I have flipped them from each side and taken a square to them to rule them out. My issue is that the left one (when looking from the back of the bike) veers out slightly. The right one (no matter which extension is on that side) is straight, it's just the left side. This leaves me with about a 1/2" gap between my spacers when I put my wheel/axle back on and my whole wheel sits angled to the right very slightly. All of these are slight variations, not huge, but enough to be concerned with.

It's almost like the left side of my swingarm is tweaked a little and the extensions are just accentuating it and making it more obvious. Bike has never been wrecked, has a clean title, and was immaculate and stock when I got it. I'm just wondering if this is a factory issue? Anyone ever dealt with this? I'm going to call the place I got the extensions from tomorrow and see what they think. Thanks for any help.

Here you can see how it veers out slightly compared to the right side

busaextensions.jpg

Is that picture with the wheel torqued? Have you put the chain on and torqued the rear wheel to spec? If so, is the chain not straight either?
I can see that the chain side of the arm does appear to be sitting out further, but it doesn't appear to be torqued down either.

It's not torqued to the 72.5 ft/lbs. It's just snugged down to where the spacers are just touching the extensions on each side. Haven't put the chain around it yet. Trying to figure out why these aren't straight. Here are a few better pictures where you can see how the extensions start veering out where they mount into the stock location.

busaextensions4.jpg

busaextensions3.jpg

busaextensions2.jpg

I did but all that did was take the spacing out of the extensions/wheel spacers. It tightened all that up but the extension still looks angled out, and the wheel mirrors that also. I could align it, but I don't think it would be inline with the axis of the front wheel. And the extension would still be crooked.

best bet might be to send your swingarm off and have extensions welded on it instead of the bolt ons, kinda looks in the pic that the end of the swingarm was not straight when welded

both my used 06 and new 11 did this with my 6" extensions. seems to track fine down the road and ive never had any issues. i thought it was wierd at first but i after my brand new bike did the same i didnt care anymore

they look like normal to me, put chain on, line it up taking a measurament from swingarm pivot ceter to axle center and ride it..

I had a set on my last bike that looked kinda like that it didn't seam to change how the bike went down the road I say ride it...if you decide you don't like it later have a custom built swing arm

If you didnt' remove the stock arm silver metal backing plates that can cause angle change..

Back