Extending busa need help

BLL1125

Registered
Ok busa riders i need help ASAP im new to hayabusa.org but i have been reading post forever. so this is what i have...a 2012 busa with 6 inch swingarm extentions. im ready to lose a little wait and add some more length so im going with an 4-8 inch evil swingarm im seeing post everywhere that i need to extended the tail or lose the tail light. i still ride on the street and im 245lbs so the bike squats quite a bit when i take it to the track. Would a 4+ tail be enough added room for a 4-8 inch arm or do i have to do the 8 inch tail section as well. the bike is stock height btw. PLLZZZ HEELLPP

I am not sure...any supplier / sponsor would be able to answer the tail and tire location...welcome to the site and be patient...somebody will give you the info you need

I ride a stock bike. but I would assume that you could maybe raise the shock up some to compensate. but IDK.

what is your goal with this bike? show or drag?

as you go longer are you going wider?

:welcome: to the ORG. and post a pic just for fun.

i extended 8" and lowered a few inches. i got a custom spring from race tech for my body weight. the bike rides and handles as good as it did stock. i would finish ur extension and add a spring for ur weight. if it hits the tail then add a extended tail. unless u want to really slam the bike low for racing only the a 8" tail with tiger tail

im stretched 8" and lowered I stiffened up the rear a little bit have no problems im only 190... u can also get a shock stop or buy a new spring from race tech

M
The Gen2 seems so much more of a pain. My Gen 1 is stretched 10 inches and I have no issues with the tail. I hear so much about the genII. Even having to cut the frame to put on a Roaring Toyz 240 kit. But good luck on your stretching!

i am stretched 6 inches on my gen 2 and my tail does not scrape with me and my wife on it...im 230 lbs shes 145lbs...its also lowered front and rear...i still have the stock spring tho i do plan to get a stiffer one

Back